Saturday, January 14, 2023

Salakot Alfresco Dining and Cafe in Silang Cavite

 Last month, Daryl and I celebrated our Jowa-nniversary haha! It was actually just our anniversary date when we were in the girlfriend-boyfriend stage. It's not yearly that we celebrate but this time, I wanted to get out of the house, a long drive with the family. Alam mo yon? 

Kakaboring din sa bahay talaga eh. I have been working from home since the start of the pandemic so I want to be able to go out when the time and budget permit. Hehe. 

Niyaya ko si daryl to eat at Salakot Alfresco Dining and Cafe in Silang Cavite. 

We left the house around 3pm kasi I planned to have dinner there then we can go straight to Tagaytay just to chill in Skyranch. We also decided to bring Bruno, our male shih tzu with us because I heard they allow pets.


We arrived in Silang exactly before dinner. I am so glad we were able to secure a small Kubo. They don't allow reservations so it's on a first come first serve basis. 

I honestly don't know what to expect since di rin talaga ako nakapag search about the place and it was a sudden change of plans. Lol. Talk about the impulsive me. 

We were able to secure a parking space because there weren't so many cars/people when we arrive. 

The place was nice. Malamig ang weather and maaliwalas ang paligid. What I didn't like about it though is because the place was outdoorsy-nature type, mejo may mga insekto pero expected naman na talaga iyon. Mejo worried lang ako because of Vince na sobrang lapitin ng lamok talaga. Nagmana sa akin sa pagiging favorite ng lamok na kagatin. 



I realized just now that I don't have photos of our food haha. It took 15-30 minutes din before they served the food from the time we ordered kaya pag ka serve pa lang eh kumain na agad kami. Hahah. We ordered Cheesy baked bangus, half bulalo, Inihaw na Pork rib and Buffalo wings. The food is okay, nothing super fancy. Parang mga usual na restaurant din sa Tagaytay. The serving was pretty decent din which is good to 2-3 people depende sa lakas kumain. We spent around 2,400 pesos sa food but we were able to take home a lot of leftovers. We even ate them for two days after hahah. 

When it got dark, they opened the lights on this very nice walkway with leaves and flowers, so cute. 


After dining in, we went straight to Tagaytay Sky ranch to chill. We paid 100 pesos for the entrance fee and roam around lang. Daryl and Dwyane rode the bump cars, too, and bought some snacks inside. Mejo expensive syempre but that's something you'd expect for a place like that. We only spent around 1 hour to 1.5 hours there because it was getting chilly. We were blessed with the perfect weather for this mini-trip. 

We went home straight after kasi mejo madilim talaga ang highway in Tagaytay at night tapos super tinted din ang car so mejo mahirap mag drive. 

Overall, it was a great quick escape from work and house chores. A perfect mini-getaway for me. =)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading my humble blog.
Leave me some love, I'll visit your blogs too.
Much Love,
Mommy Jen