Thursday, June 5, 2014

The Day I Almost Said My Goodbye

.. to my phone.

The other night while at work, I am so guilty of not being able to show you some of the photos I took and suppose to blog about. I had a lot of pending posts in my drafts that I am really itching to upload. Well, maybe tomorrow. =)

Anyway, I just want to share with you na I am not the most techie person you could meet. I love gadgets but not that much. Madali din akong magsawa after playing some games. I had an Apple Ipod touch before, yung second generation pa that got broke. Since then, I never had any  gadgets except for my cellphone. Trust me, kapag nakabili ako ng phone, it will take years bago ko palitan.
Because :
1.) walang budget 2.) hussle kasi you have to re-learn the specs of the new phone 3.) confusing kasi you got used with the other one tapos you will get overwhelmed sa bagong settings ng phone 4.) aksaya lang talaga. What’s the use of so many phones? Ok! Probably kapag kelangan lang sa trabaho diba? So for me, I only keep one phone and that’s it. Ang sakin lang, I like my phone to have 1.) Camera 2.) Wifi 3.) Madaling magtext. Yah! Yun lang. Bonus na lang kung makakapag upload pa ng games and other apps like social networking and mga photo editor.

As of the moment, I have the Nokia Lumia 520. This wasn’t the latest pero sulit na rin naman kasi the screen is so responsive at bihira lang mag hang. Ang gusto ko pa sa Nokia was yung camera. Sayang lang walang flash ito so I can’t use it at night. I liked this phone kasi ahmm.. wala lang, I just find the tiles cute eh. Yung mga live tiles ba na nasa home screen.

So ayun nga, my real kwento is, one night I rode 2 jeepneys na going home. Nasa Baclaran na ako while the jeep was waiting na mapuno. I have decided na mag sound trip muna but I remembered na the battery’s about to die. That’s when I also realized na hindi pala naibalik ni Euclid yung headset ko. When I was searching for my phone inside my bag to check kung may nagtext, I can’t find it! Ok, nag hunusdili ako. I tried looking for it again, but still, I CAN’T FIND IT. Then I remembered na I put it under our office phone. Mejo hindi naman ako kinabahan. I thought, bukas ko na lang babalikan kasi it was 11pm already. Siguro naman andun pa yun by tomorrow. But then nagsalita yung memories ng phone ko telling me “it’s now or I’ll never see it again”. OMG. Dun lang ako nag panic!!

Ay talaga naman!! I immediately went off the jeep then I was trying to think fast kasi 1.) Walang CCTV sa part ng office where I was seated so for sure kung may ibang makadampot nun, wala na. It will be gone forever. 2.) Hindi lahat ng tao magbabalik ng nawawalang phone na hindi naman kapangitan specially If they know na wala naman makakakita na sila yung kumuha diba? You can never tell. Yung tumbler ko nga lang noon ng Starbucks nawala pa sa pantry nung 2009 eh, cellphone pa kaya na more or less 6 months pa lang nagagamit?

So, From Heritage Hotel sa Pasay, I walked hanggang sa simbahan ng Baclaran which was mejo malayo ng konti pero kaya naman lakarin. I was walking really fast kasi someone might notice the phone na although I am quite complacent na hindi sya basta makikita kasi it was hidden underneath our office phone/Avaya nga so unless titingnan mo talaga at papakealaman ang desk ko. We don’t have permanent station kasi. Alam nyo naman sa BPO, not all companies provide you your own station.

Luckily, I was able to ride the bus. Mejo nalibang nga ako kasi “World War Z” yung palabas sa TV. I forgot about my phone for at least 10 – 15 minutes.

When I reached the office building, sobrang nagmamadali akong makaakyat sa 30th floor. Naku naiisip ko baka dumating na yung night shifts at may nakaupo na sa desk ko. I immediately asked the guard kung may nag surrender ba ng phone sa kanya, wala daw. OMG. Hindi na sila lugi sa phone ko ha! It was worth seven thousand lang pero sayang din naman. I won’t have another phone na until I get my thirteenth month pay kapag nagkataon!

When I reached my desk, everything was placed exactly as it is when I left. Awa ng Dyos wala pa naming nag occupy. I was so glad to see my phone again. Hayy.. I felt reunited. Hehehe. It was one hour long na nawala ako sa desk.

What more damage it can do? I will loose all of James’ vidoes and photos when he was 3 months old up to now. Lagi ko pa naman pine play yung mga video nya kasi when he sees them, he was smiling and giddy about it.


Thank Heavens, hindi nawala ang phone ko. Whew!!

4 comments:

  1. mommy jen, simple lang din gusto ko sa phone tulad mo pang call & text tsaka atleast may camera for photos. What we do, we transfer the photos from our phones to our pc para pag nawala yung copy sa phone atleast we have naman backup diba.

    Nakaka pang hinayang kasi minsan yung mga phots na nabubura, syempre memories din u. I remember dati, na delete ko yung mga luma kong photos, naiyak talaga ako e sayang kasi.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oo nga Mommy Joy eh. sobrang nakakahinayang kapag nawala kaya kahit gabi na, binalikan ko yung phone. Ok lang sana kung mga mukha ko lang yung andun eh most ng photos and videos na naka save is kay James. Iyak na lang din siguro ako pag nawala yun.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't have an expensive phone just in case I lose it I won't feel bad.Good thing you didn't lose yours especially those pictures and videos of your kiddo.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oo nga Gladys eh. Good thing. I care most on the photos and videos. They mean so much. This made me realize to back up all those photos. =)

      Delete

Thanks for reading my humble blog.
Leave me some love, I'll visit your blogs too.
Much Love,
Mommy Jen