Monday, October 6, 2014

A First time Mom's Rants and Some

A first time Mom’s joy of her child’s milestone are the greatest gift she can receive. All moms are proud of her child’s growth regardless if it’s ahead of what’s in that book, just in time or a little late. Seeing their first smiles, first crawl, first time of standing up on their own, first time they walk on their own and so on.
Lately, I have heard that James' kababata is already walking. She was a week younger than James and at this age of 11 months, she's walking by herself. It has been with a heavy heart hearing people saying to James "bakit si ganto naglalakad na, bakit ikaw hindi pa?". It was quiet annoying on my part because I don't want to put pressure on James. I want him to learn how to do things on his own. I know James can walk, he does when holding on to something. He was just afraid to try and probably lacks a little practice on it.

So what I have done is, when we were outside of the house and I feel tired of carrying him, I put him down, holding his both hands while I stand on his back and let him walk. He is walking naman. When I feel that he is getting used to it, I leave his other hand while still holding the other and let him get his own balance. He is still walking although he was a little afraid sometimes. Para kasi syang lasing maglakad, maybe because he can't get his balance yet. He is also walking too slow. He will walk for about 4 steps then will stop, look around him and just stand there. I often tell him, "Lika na." One of the motivations I am giving him na lang are the cats. Heheheh. When I see one, I told him to walk towards the cat. He follows naman.


Admittedly, I can only practice him on weekends and during the time that I arrived home and he is still awake. We will walk around the house together. Nanay can't get to practice with him because she is too weak to walk with James. Nanay is diabetic so there were times that she's not feeling well. With that, I accepted the fact that he will be walking on his own when he is ready for it. I just can’t understand some people who will say those unwelcome comments about how my baby is growing. It’s not that I don’t accept suggestions or comments but the way it was said does the trick diba? I am the type of person who hates comparison so much so what do you expect from me? I don’t want my baby being compared with someone else too. But anyway, I don’t want to dwell much into that kasi it wasn’t a good sign of a healthy blogger eh! Wow! Gumaganon?! Hahahaha! All I can say is to let it go and let them mind their own business. Am I right or I am right? Heheheh.

I am still into process of planning James’ birthday party. I was able to book the party place, balloon decor and the cake na so I’ll go down with the other small details like invitations and all. I actually made my own invitation. I was quite inspired with Mrs. Mommyholics posts about DIY-ing some of his baby’s birthday so sya na ang peg ko! Hehehe. I am so inlove with her DIYs talaga. I will ask her permission to make gaya in some of it. Hehe.

By the way, My shift has changed again that made me go uneasy about my routine. I have been trying to establish a routine pero ang hirap kasi every 3 weeks, my shift changes. Take note, it has changed pa to 10am to 7pm kung kelan nag aasikaso ako ng mga details ng party ni James. Hayyy.. I was hoping kasi to have some time sana in the afternoon so I can go to Divi and check some stuffs that I can use eh. I’ll let you know in the coming days. =)

Eto pa, I was supposed to attend the Baby Sign Language event on October 4th in the afternoon and Ogalala in the morning however, I am really hesitant to bring James with me with those events. At first, the Ogalala’s event is in the morning which was James’ morning nap time so I guess he won’t enjoy much of it. I am ready to attend na sana the Baby Sign Language workshop however, James woke up at 2pm na from his morning nap. He usually wakes up at 7am then will have his nap at 11am to 2pm na. At the same time, it was raining in the afternoon din. No one will look after him pa because Nanay left to go to my sister’s house. I really want to go alone sana kasi it was a workshop and I know if I’ll have James with me, I can’t participate well. I have nobody to go with us naman since Daryl has a 6 day work week. I was left without a choice. Di bale, I know there’s always a next time. =)

Also, can you help me? I was planning to buy my own domain name na eh. I don’t know how this works. If you are kind enough to help, please send me an email to ryljen.24@gmail.com. Thanks! Thanks and many thanks!! =)

20 comments:

  1. It's really hard to tune out the comparison remarks but it's best to ignore since we know our children more. My son also, 14 months na pero scared pa din sya to walk on his own. I just make him practice for him to get used to walking alone.

    I recently bought my domain name at godaddy. I got the blogelina offer for 5 dollars na may kasamang 1 year hosting. Then i just bought the domain name separately.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Cheryl. I agree that those people wouldn't miss the chance to make you feel bad.

      Delete
  2. Every child is unique. They follow their own pace. As long as the baby is happy and hitting milestones, no worries dapat. I am also a first time mum. And I hate it when people would compare my baby to others. Hindi naman kasi to contest. Minsan mauuna ang baby mo sa ibang bagay while late sa iba. Ganun lang. And I won't let them talk to my baby pag ganun ang tono nila. Yung, "hello baby? Lakad ka na ang laki laki mo na dapat naglalakad ka na." I tell them off! As in. I would tell them straight off that I won't allow them talking to my child that way. baka maka-apekto sa bata diba?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I knowwww right? I hate that, too. I hate that people would look at my kids, zero on their faults and highlight that using their kids' accomplishments/milestones. I've never really gotten used to it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Naku sis, don't ever let the unwelcome comments get to you! At the end of the day, wala naman silang alam sa baby mo so their opinion doesn't matter. My baby walked by himself when he was already 13 months but is an advanced talker so don't worry!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can relate to this! Naku sis, wait for more! Wait until you baby turns two or three! :)

    But still, it's really priceless being a mom!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hay naku, ang dami talagang taong mahilig magkumpara ng ibang mga bata. I feel you, Mommy. Those people should be educated.. na although may developmental stages ang mga bata, iba-iba pa rin ang phasing ng bawat isa.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Naku, Jen, wag ka apekto sa sinasabi ng ibang tao. Every child is special and as parent, you know what's best for baby James. Ikaw lang yun, at yung partner mo kasi kayo ang parents.

    About sa domain, I wish I can help you. Wordpress na kasi ako, at usually gino-google ko lang yan dati. Pag sa Blogger naman mas madali alam ko, bili ka lang domain den may ipapalit ka lang sa setting para magtake effect sya. May sarili ka domain pero si Blogger pa rin naman maghohost syo diba? Or magseself-hosted ka, meaning, may webhost proivider ka? At any rate, marami tutorials online, you can do it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. You can buy your domain name at namecheap or godaddy, but before you do, check out for coupons.sometimes, they can go as low as P100.00, then you can choose a host na.

    ReplyDelete
  9. my son was born with down syndrome so he is expected to have a lot of development delays. masakit talaga sa nanay yung makikita mo ung ibang babies na same age or even younger than your own doing things at a time that they should or even earlier... my son is already 13 months old and has just learned how to stand in his crib as well as crawl military style... magkakaiba din naman talaga yung development ng kids so don't worry if your son is not yet walking as the other kid... i always remind myself that kids will do things when you least expect it and when they are good and ready... :) good luck sa party planning... :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. Every child has his/her own development milestones and unique that should not be compared to another.

    ReplyDelete
  11. some people are like that talaga jen, nagco compare sila ng mga kids which sometimes annoying naman talaga. don't mind them nalang. iba iba ang development ng mga bata, ang importante healthy and happy si baby james. look how adorable he is!

    He's turning 1 na! yahoo!!! =)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Tyaga-tyaga lang mommy. before you know it, he can walk on his own. Great job! I hope you get all the time you need to be able to plan his party.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Kids will learn on their own time. I have two little ones who reached certain milestones on different times, but I never compared them to each other. As they say, each person is unique. :)

    I have a couple of posts (see the Bloggy Mommy section) about hosting and domains on my blog, those might help you out.

    ReplyDelete
  14. One of the reasons why I'm so thankful with my current job is because we always have the same weekend rest day. I know how hard it is to set bonding time with your kid without real fixed schedule. Just do your best because your son will surely surprise you with what he can do, never mind what he cannot.

    ReplyDelete
  15. One of the reasons why I'm so thankful with my current job is because we always have the same weekend rest day. I know how hard it is to set bonding time with your kid without real fixed schedule. Just do your best because your son will surely surprise you with what he can do, never mind what he cannot.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Jen, sayang inaantay pa naman kita last Saturday sa workshop. For sure super magugustuhan mo yung diniscuss dun.. Wala nga akong kasama eh, pero nag enjoy ako..

    Nakakainis talaga pag may mga taong walang ginawa kung hindi i compare yung anak nila sa iba. Wag mo nalang pansinin yun mga yun, basta stay positive lang ha..

    ReplyDelete
  17. There will always be those people that make senseless comments. It's just best to ignore them. Each child has their own pace. No need to hurry it as long as there is no significant delay. Good luck with your party planning! :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. I agree tyagaan lang talaga. I am a stay at home mom but still I can't do everything for my son. I also don't like my son to be compared with other kids kasi delay din sya. Don't worry mommy, makaka walk din ang cute mong anak soon.

    ReplyDelete
  19. My baby is also 1 and not yet walking and it simply means they all develop differently :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading my humble blog.
Leave me some love, I'll visit your blogs too.
Much Love,
Mommy Jen