Wednesday, October 1, 2014

Cramming for James' Birthday

It's been a while again! Sorry guys ha?! Mejo hindi ko lang na anticipate na magiging ganto ako kabusy.

Honestly, mejo hindi ko nga napagtutuunan ng pansin ang business kasi today marks the 1st of October. Imagine!!!!! Malapit na ang 1st birthday ni James!! Hayy naku.. I am so nervous and anxious na. I didn't expect it to be that big naman talaga. Actually, I wanted a party with close friends, some relatives and family lang. However, my boyfriend's clan is huge and they were planning to invite people, as in people! Anyway, I don't care naman how many they wanted as long as they'll pay for the party. Hehehehe! If it was me, I don't want to spend that much eh.

Anyway, my original plan was to celebrate his birthday in Shakey's na lang. For me kasi, it was far from fast food set up. Most of their stores looks so sosyal diba? Heheh. I went to Shakeys Aseana, the newly opened store along Macapagal. When we got there, there was a party on-going. Mejo hindi ko type kasi for me, sobrang liit ng function room nila, hindi magkakasya ang 100 pax. 80 sitting capacity lang daw kasi sila kaya the rest will stay on their dine in area. That is quite fine naman sana, however, their buffet will be set up near their small door na madadaanan ng mga magda dine in. At the same time, I have my own theme sana which was basketball. I can do so naman daw since it was a generic theme lang however, I still need to get their Justice League theme pa din. It has lootbags, head gears, party invitations, cape etc for 30 kids amounting to 4,000 pesos!! I find it really expensive because I am planning to DIY the lootbags. That made me decide that the Shakeys Aseana was a No to me.

Secondly, I checked Fun Ranch in Alabang which has a consumable amount of 35,000 for 50-80 pax. I find it within the budget with the help of my sister pero Daryl doesn't want it there. They worry too much on the guests travel time because most of them are coming from Pasay. I suggested to get a jeep that can accommodate some of the guests pero mas type daw nila sa Shakeys. Sayang, I can see pa naman how happy the kids will be when we have a party in Fun Ranch. My nephew celebrated his 7th birthday party there and I would say that it was a blast. I wanted the same for James pero mukhang sa dami ng guests namin, can't afford ang excess charges in case.

Yesterday after work, I went to Resorts World to check the Shakeys Store there. Daryl said that they can accommodate 200 pax daw. I tagged my friend along. Grabe hassle naman din magpunta ng Resorts World pag wala kang private vehicle no?!
The Shakeys is on Star Cruises Building. The person I talked to said they would allow me to have my own theme without having to pay the 4,000 Justice League Amenities. That was a relief kasi I badly want to have my own theme para naman mejo mukhang pinaghandaan kahit hindi. Hahaha! Also, I want to live by James' real name. "Dwyane James" it is. So ngayon, alam nyo na kung anong team ng NBA fan si Daryl?! I also had a fondant cake made for him and his invitation has been drafter months and months ago so imagine how badly I want to go with the theme diba?! Heheh.Their store has 80 sitting capacity din which made me think that most of their stores do. The biggest one they have daw which has 3 function rooms was in Quezon Avenue pa.

I won't discuss the details muna so it will be a surprise to you on how his birthday will go. At least for now, you have an idea on how his cake and invitation will look like along with the theme that I want to use. So now, if I am missing, you know what I am doing ha?! B.U.S.Y

Then my battle for party-planning-stress continues. Any suggestions on anything Mommies?

10 comments:

  1. Wow, October din pala ang birth month ng baby mo. October din birth month ko eh, pati sister at father ko. Naku, Jen, mahaba habang planuhan yan. Exciting yan. Enjoy kayo! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oo nga Edel eh. Ngayon pa lang windang na ako! Jusko pano pa kapag days before the event na lang diba?! hahaha.

      I have read your recent post about your shopping ban and found out october din ang birth month mo. On which date ba at ng makapag gate crash sa party mo! hahahaha. =)

      Delete
  2. Hahaha, naalala ko pati husband ko October din ang bday eh, one week apart lng kmi. Sa 5 sya at 12 naman ako. Wala naman kaming party eh, simpleng kainan lang with family. Sige punta ka, no problem. Haha. Buti na nga lang sumabay sa fiesta ng barangay namin sa Manila ang bday ni hubby, isang handaan na lang. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ang dami ko ng kilala na October ha! hehehe. Aba at least may invitation na ha! Hindi na gate crashing ang gagawin ko!! Hahaha. San ba yan sa Manila at ng makapunta talaga!! Hahahaha!

      Delete
    2. Isa kami sa mga nakikitira sa gilid ng palasyo. Hehe. :)

      Delete
    3. Wow sa may palasyo talaga Edel ha, ang sosyal!!! hahaha =)

      Delete
  3. First birthday parties always stressful,from clothes to wear and even what kind of birthday cake but when it's all donekit's a relief.Our first daughter's birthday party was at the house for 60 people then we rented a venue for our second daughter.I cooked some foods for the party and my nice friends were kind enough to bring some dishes (like bihon and desserts) to make it easier for me in some way.Have fun planning!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree Gladys! it is really stressful. I am expecting a lot of guests so imagine my stress level.. Nag uumapaw! hay naku. But surely, seeing your son happy on his day is definitely too much for a reward,. =)

      Delete
  4. mommy jen, na miss ko post mo! hahaha! lapit na birthday ni baby james! basketball player pala hango name nya a! cool!!!

    enjoy lang sa preparation, stressful pero worth it naman yan kasi para sa baby mo. =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oo nga Joy. Trivia ba?! hehehehe.
      Enjoy naman sa preparation pero parang lalo akong naging busy!
      Pati business mejo hirap ng magkaron ng time kaya eto lie low muna sa lahat pati sa pag ba blog!
      Anyway, napangiti nman ako ng comment mong to!
      Thanks Joy!!!
      =)

      Delete

Thanks for reading my humble blog.
Leave me some love, I'll visit your blogs too.
Much Love,
Mommy Jen