Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Nanny 2015


One of the things that I am grateful at the start of 2015 is having a nanny for James. After so many months of struggle, looking for a nanny, it finally paid off. It was a great relief!

source

I had 2 of my Aunts who took care of James last year and both of them only lasted for a month. It was quite annoying kasi kelangan mag send kami ng money para makaluwas sila in Manila then after a month, they have to go home. Let me put an emphasis to “HAVE” kasi parang requirement na kapag sinabi na uuwi na sila, uuwi na talaga sila at wala ng makakapigil pa. Althoug hindi naman ako ang nagsesend ng pamasahe nila, it’s Nanay or my eldest sister, mejo hindi lang maganda ang feeling na hindi man lang sila tumatagal.

November  have passed and it was Nanay who looked after James until halfway of December where I transferred home. That was also the same time na nakahanap si Nanay ng magaalaga kay James.

Ate Lenie was quite okay naman. She takes care of James well and even plays with him at times. James can be very choosy with the people he wants to go with. He doesn’t even want to be carried by anyone else. I don’t know his criteria pero kapag lalaki ang kakarga sa kanya, he’ll go most of the time but if it would be a  girl, never! That’s why I wanted someone who can still catch up with his kakulitan and his being playful. Since ate Lenie is at 30’s, she’s able to handle James well.

When she started halfway of December, I have let her to be on a stay – out basis. She would come in at 7 or 8 in the morning until 6pm. I was in the morning schedule back in December so that set up was fine. Nanay actually didn’t like the idea kasi same lang din naman daw ang babayaran ko, bakit hindi ko na lang daw ipag – stay in. I told her that it’s fine since maaga naman akong umuuwi at the same time, I want James to get use to her one step at a time. Ayaw ko naman na ma shock ang bagets na iba na ang kasama nya every day. Although my and Nanay’s house is walking distance lang, I still want Ate Lenie to stay out at night. Maybe I did that for the benefit of myself. I am in the new phase of my life where I have to live on our own and I have to deal with another person that I have never known. I am not used to having a yaya so I am still in the mindset na nahihiya akong nagtatrabaho sya sa bahay, something like that. I grew up without a yaya in my entire life so I don’t know what it feels like if someone you just met would be your househelp.

Came January, I had the midshift (12pm-9pm) so I required Ate Lenie to stay in our house on weekdays. In the past weeks, she’s having 2 consecutive days off which Nanay again, disliked. She said that she shouldn’t have 2 days off weekly. One would be fine with her daw. My point naman kasi is, we’re usually not at home every weekends and there’s very minimal things to do. Hindi naman kasi kalakihan ang bahay na inuupahan ko and I wasn’t that makalat naman. At the same time, wala pa kaming cable so wala kaming mapaglibangan sa bahay kundi si James. I am about to fix the cable thingy pa kasi eh..

As of the moment, I find her very helpful to me naman. Having a nanny made me have some me time and even rest after work hours.

Our routine on weekays falls like this:

James and I wakes up at 7am while Ate Lenie is up earlier than us. Magsasaing na yan while she’ll have coffee. Us three (James, Me and Daryl) would cuddle a little until 8am where Daryl has to go get ready for work. I would then ask Ate Lenie to buy food sa palengke para makapag luto before I go to work. There’ll be times din na I will be the one to go to palengke kapag sinisipag ako. Wala pa kasi kaming ref so I can’t buy too many food na madaling mabubulok. I or She would look after James until she’s ready to cook for our lunch. That’s around 9am. If the food is cooked early, Daryl and I would get to have our breakfast together. By then, magpapainit na sya ng water so she can bathe James. By this time, Daryl has left and at 9:30, I’ll get ready na to go to work naman. By 10am, I’ll leave the house while James would play or they’ll go to Nanay’s house to watch cartoons.

Daryl and I would come home at around 10:30pm. I don’t often eat na at night. I don’t want to feel bloated before going to sleep while Daryl would sometimes eat and sometimes don’t. James and Ate Lenie are both asleep by then. Daryl and I would catch up on how our days went and would go to sleep in a while.

That’s our everyday routine on weekdays. For weekends it’s different as Ate Lenie would do the laundry while I take care of James. That I want to happen na moving forward. Last couple of weeks kasi, it was Nanay who’s doing the laundry because I don’t like Ate Lenie’s way of paglalaba at pagasasampay. However, since Nanay went to province, Ate Lenie did the laundry. I asked her to go home on a Saturday afternoon na lang kasi mostly, Friday night pa lang umuuwi na yan eh tapos Monday morning na ang balik.

One thing that I noticed was, hindi sya masyadong magalang over me. Hindi ko naman sinasabing bastos sya or anything bad. She was introduced kasi by Nanay as Ate Lenie so I got used to it. Dapat daw, I’ll call her on her first name then she’ll call me Ate as her respect over me – sabi ng sister ko. Parang kabaliktaran kasi yung nangyari. Hehehe. Anyway, ok lang naman. Hindi naman big deal masyado. Although I want to correct it somehow, parang ang hirap, I don’t know how to start. Mejo nasanay lang ako na tumatawag ng ate sa mas matanda sakin. Hayyy.. Pero hindi ko naman na gagawing big deal nga.. keri na yan for now. =) Sometimes, I get piss lang on how she sends me text messages.

At some point, She was asking if she can make bale( advance) daw. OK lang naman sakin and it wasn’t a problem kasi maliit lang naman ang hinihingi.

Me: Ok ate. Mamaya na lang yung xxx mo pag uwi ko.

Ate Lenie: Gwin mung xxx. Blik cu ung xxx s Monday..qng may pera kpa..

Speechless ako mga teng!! I don’t know I just feel na hindi ako ang amo eh. Hahahaha! I am just making fun of it na lang kasi hindi din naman nya siguro intention to sound na nang uutos diba?! Hehe.

It’s her 2nd month with us on Feb 15 and I am hoping she will last for a long time kasi ok naman talaga sya. =)

4 comments:

  1. Haven't tried a kasi kumuha ng helper, Jen at never naman ata kami nagkaroon nung maliliit pa kami kaya di ko alam kung ok ba yung ganun na gawa nya. Parang ang aga nga lang sya para bumale, hindi ba? Medyo demanding lang ata or baka ganun lang talaga sya magsalita or text?

    I hope maging maayos naman ang helper mo at maging maayos ang pagsasama nyo, mahirap din kasi papalit palit at start na naman ng getting-to-know.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice, may yaya na pala si Baby James! More time and convenience for you and your hubby. About dun sa pagtext nya sayo, is she from the Visayas? Kasi ang alam ko, hindi sila gumagamit ng "po" at "opo" at hindi masyado fluent sa Tagalog grammar unlike the people in Metro Manila and most provinces in Luzon kaya siguro medyo pautos ang dating? Pero ang bait mo, kasi you just make fun of it. No big deal. As long okay naman sya magtrabaho and she cares for your son, I think it's gonna be okay. Hehe. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I feel you mommy, mahirap kasi kapag kamag anak mo helper, there are a lot of restrictions and nakakahiya mgdemand masyado. Good thing malapit ka sa nanay mo, thank God talaga for nanays haha. Ngaun since iba na yaya mo, make sure ikaw magset ng rules, dahan dahan.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mommy Jen, I used to have nanny for my babies but I had a traumatic experience. That's why one of us needed to give up work to look after our babies. Now, na gusto na ulit mag-work ni hubby - kinakabahan ako sa idea ng paghahanap ng helper. We live far from our parents. Hopefully, may maayos ako na makuha.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading my humble blog.
Leave me some love, I'll visit your blogs too.
Much Love,
Mommy Jen