Monday, January 19, 2015

Too Cold; My Toddler is Sick


Couple of days ago, James has been sneezing a lot. I know from there that he would soon have a cough or colds or even both. Sobrang lamig na kasi ng weather ngayon. True enough, I noticed every night that he’s coughing as if nangangati yung lalamunan nya. I let  him drink his medicine for cough, Asmalin Broncho was the last syrup he’s been given at 2ml. Although it wasn’t consistent na nakakainom sya. It was like, once or twice a day lang naaalala ng baby sitter ko. I noticed na parang hindi nawawala yung cough so last Tuesday, less than a week when he started ng paubo – ubo, I had him checked at Alabang Medical Clinic in Las Pinas. He gained weight so his dosage was increased at 3ml. He was also given an antihistamine and disudrin for his colds.

He was also asked to be nebulized for 4 days dahil parang ma phlegm na yung cough nya. 


Whenever I come home, saka lang sya nane nebulize although ang bilin ng doctor is before bedtime. Ate Lenie doesn’t know how to use the nebulizer din and Nanay is so scared naman to use so James have to wait until I go home. His doctor advised too to pat his back daw after nebulizing. Like this..

 

During those time na sobrang tindi ng ubo nya, he cries at night sa kakaubo and he’s quite irritated too. His nose is clogged din kasi aside pa sa paubo-ubo nya. There were also time pa na nasusuka sya sa kakaubo. Nakakaawa talaga.. sleepless nights.

Currently, I can see that he’s feeling a lot better. Hindi na kasi sya masyadong umiiyak sa gabi unlike the last couple of days. Anyhow, I am still looking forward in bringing him to his doctor for follow up checkup. Para lang malaman if his cough got better ba. He’s continuing his anti-histamine for 2 weeks while his meds for cough and colds will be until tomorrow only.

His pedia advised me to get his vaccines completed daw. As of the moment kasi, hindi ko pa rin nako complete yung vaccines nya. I am starting to worry kasi I can see nowadays how important it is. Tama naman si Doc, investment din naman ‘to kasi it is an additional protection din for them. I noticed that it’s mostly cough and colds ang nakukuha ni James which the pedia suggested to get him the Pneumococcal vaccine. It costs P3,500 on his pedia which is definitely nakakaiyak pero I have heard of Jacob’s Ladder Immunization and I am looking forward to check kung ok ba dun.

Any suggestions, Mommies?

16 comments:

  1. My youngest also has cough. Actually, tagal na nga nun. We had him checked sa doc last week and he was given meds. Una kasi nebulize lang ang nirerecommend but it's really hard kasi ayaw niya so I have to wait if he's asleep to do it. Kaya lang nagigising din siya sa ingay ng nebulizer. Hay, hope everyone gets better na. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Get well soon baby james. Mahirap talaga pag may sakit ang bata kasi istorbo ang pagtulog nila. Ang big na ng baby boy mo Jen. =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. A spoon of honey with calamansi might help, hope he gets well soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hate it when my kids are sick. Sobrang hirap and round-the-clock ang meds. Regarding the PCV vaccine, their pedia gave it to them when they turned 6 mos. Cheaper pa sa pedia mo since mine costs P5,000 per shot :(( But syempre when it comes to our kids, we want to make sure we'll give them everything they need. Anyway, I hope your son gets better :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope you tod gets well very soon. Kung sana pwedend ilipat nalang satin ang sakit nila, kaso hindi rin naman pwede. I nebulize my baby also when he has cough and colds.

    http://abovepreciousrubies.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Our girls used nebulizer too when they were at James' age. Plus,they were given medication to get rid of the cough and it worked! Hope he feels better.

    ReplyDelete
  7. katatapos lang ng baby ko sa cough and colds last week as per doctor seasonal because of the weather

    ReplyDelete
  8. I remember paying 6k a month for 3 months when Yuri was a baby for pneumococcal and another shot whose name escapes me. I think we should follow doctor's orders talaga. Have you tried giving him calamansi with honey juice? It usually helps my son better than medicines eh.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Like Sol, i normally give natural remedies initially at first sign of colds. I dont like giving medicine too much unless necessary (e.i., if they have fever or cant sleep well due to coughing). Plenty of water, fruits and vegetables, chicken soup works very well, and yes honey with calamansi for irritated throat, plus plenty of sleep.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Aaww.. Get well soon kay James. I remember last week, sa sobrang lamig ng panahon hindi namin pinaluguan si Rhian, punas punas lang kasi baka magkasakit. Iba talaga panahon ngayon, kaya mas kawawa yung mga bata. :(

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hope your baby gets better soon. Kids are really prone to catching colds nowadays due to cold weather.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Awwwww, poor Baby James. Sana gumaling ka na soon. Ako din may sakit last weekend. Buti nawala na ubo ko. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. My kids have coughs and colds plus fever din, thankfully they're okey na. Hope your baby gets well soon.

    ReplyDelete
  14. It's so hard to see our little ones struggle. The weather being so cold can make it difficult, too. Hope feels better na.

    ReplyDelete
  15. A back massage will help ease his cough. I use a mentholated rub on my kids.

    ReplyDelete
  16. My son also uses nebulizer every time may bad cough sya. It's easy to use naman, you need to empower si nanay at si ate Leny para hindi ka na nila antayin next time. I hope your son is now okay.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading my humble blog.
Leave me some love, I'll visit your blogs too.
Much Love,
Mommy Jen