Monday, February 23, 2015

My Toddler and The Tantrums?



Just before I continue our Manila Ocean Park Trip, I would like to discuss about James’ attitude nowadays.

I can’t believe that he’s growing up really fast. He’s being responsive every day and that he does more things than before.

For example, He can now fluently say “CAR”. Last time, he learned “DOWN” and “Daddy”. I can also hear him say “Dede” either pointing on his milk bottle or my or anyone else’s boobs or even navel. I don’t know why he call the pusod as dede too..

James is a year and four months and his vocabulary is growing every day. I am surprised myself to hear my baby boy saying things out loud. Akala ko yan, magsasalita pa lang when he reached 2 years old but I am dead wrong. He can now say single – words with a minimal repetition for him to learn.

One of the things that I noticed too is that, he’s singing. Although it’s as if he’s saying something na hindi talaga maintindihan but you’ll know because there’s sort of a tune. Whenever we watch frozen, he duets with Elsa singing “Let it go’ with matching hand gestures. He also dances with upbeat tones. In short, pa bibo na ang bagets. =)

Pero eto talaga ang hindi ako makapag move on eh. Last night, we went to Mall of Asia to have dinner and to unwind for a bit. Yung tipong makalabas lang ba sa lunga at nakakainip naman ang laging nasa opisina lang. When we got to the mall, we decided to eat na lang sa Max’s Restaurant. Under renovation ang place and Max’s was not relocated elsewhere daw. I don’t know if it was relocated or tinanggal na talaga. We decided to eat na lang sa Congo Grill courtesy of Daryl’s Mom. While we order, nakakinis lang na masikip ang place and there’s no room para sa stroller so kelangan ko pang tupiin. 


 While we were waiting, I have decided to bring James to Timezone. Malapit lang kasi sa Congo Grill eh. I bought another card because my officemates didn’t return my old one. Anyway, sulit naman because for P100, It comes with P120 load that you can use right away. I let James do one ride while I sang on one of their cubicles for videoke. Grabe! Winner dun ang videoke nila, ang gaganda ng equipment.

Daryl and I decided to go back to Congo Grill kasi baka ready na ang food. We were telling James “Bye” so he would follow us out pero hindi, deadma lang sya sige pa din ang kalikot sa mga ibat-ibang gadgets. When I hold him and sapilitang inilibas sya. Ayun, lumuhod at naglulupasay sa labas ng Timezone. I carried him right away pero as in nagpapabigat sya at kumakawala dahil gustong bumalik sa Timezone. Until we got inside Congo Grill, nagwawala pa din. I have to make him sit sa high chair then gave my spoon and fork para manahimik na. I don’t want any commotion. That’s when I realized na marunong ng mag tantrums ang Anak ko!.


A tantrum or temper tantrum is an emotional outbreak, usually associated with children or those in emotional distress, typically characterized by stubbornness, crying, screaming, defiance, angry ranting, a resistance to attempts at pacification and, in some cases, hitting.

After some thinking, I realized na madalas na nga syang umaarte kapag hindi nakukuha ang gusto nya. When his Daddy and I are eating, he wants to have a spoon and fork for himself and would scoop our food. Since di pa sya marunong, it sometimes ends up na kumakalat. There were times din na he gets something na hindi pwede sa kanya, as much as possible, I would tell him to “bigay kay mama” so he would give it to me peacefully which often than not works but for some other time, I would need to grab it from him para di na mag cause ng anything that would hurt him the he would start crying with paawa face. There were also times na sisigaw at magtitili yan ng matinis nyang boses na nakakabingi. I don’t know kung san nya natutunan ang pagtili – tili.

Not just that, whenever he sees me going out of his sight, hahabol na yan while crying. Kapag alam nyang he can’t get close to me, mag lulupasay na yan sa sahig at iiyak na akala mo wala ng bukas. 


I don’t know what has changed. Previously, when I still had the old househelp (sumalangit nawa sya!), he won’t cry kapag aalis kami going to work. Alam kasi ng yaya kung paano sya lilibangin while doing some activity like, when he sees me going out, instead na humabol, the yaya would get him and would carry him then would make him lock the door which makes him forget that I am leaving. I don’t know if it would still work if we would get a new Nanny. As of the moment, yayaless pa din kami. My aunt found one from Masbate daw and she’s a relative of them kaya lang their asking for an advance payment that I can’t produce yet kasi biglaan naman. You know, walang savings. Hehehe.

Anyhow, I don’t know kung paano ang approach na gagawin ko with James whenever he throws tantrums. Should I give in ba to avoid his crying or should I make tiis. Naisip ko naman kasi maybe he’s too baby pa para mapagsabihan although I know that starting to teach your kids the correct manners early would surely pay off, diba? I’m torn..

How about you Mommies? Any suggestions?

13 comments:

  1. Ang hirap pag bagong mommy talaga Jen. Kahit ako nag-aaral pa din kung ano magandang approach. Siguro mas challenging lang talaga pag boys, siguro pinag-aaralan nya kayo ni Daryl, alam mo matatalino din mga bata, alam na! =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree Joy. Matatalino talaga ang more often than not, they are using yung tantrums nila to control you.

      Delete
  2. That's normal Mommy Jen. If I may suggest - don't give in sa gusto niya. He will feel na pag nag-tantrums siya, he'll get whatever he wants. It will cause future conflicts. Observe mo kelan siya nagta-tantrums. Like in this specific situation, ayaw niya umalis sa Timezone. He had trouble making a transition from one activity to the next. Next time, try to give him a heads-up before a change. Give him a chance to adjust.

    Marami pang suggestions how to manage tantrums. You will learn them along the way.

    Kaya mo yan Mommy! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am trying to not to give in sa kung anong gusto nya. When I said no, it should be no at wala ng iba pa. Pano ba ung transition from one activity to another? I want to try it too..

      Delete
    2. What I do with Chloe, pag nasa park, I tell her "Last 5 minutes, then we'll go home. Tomorrow ulit." At least prepared siya na malapit na kame umuwi. Something like that.

      Delete
  3. Temper tantrum is very normal at his age.They don't have control yet with their emotions but don't give in. This is the time to teach them patience but we as parents,need to be understanding in any circumstance. This is a tough period but I know you can do it,Jen!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Gladys! Praying to God that I'll be capable of making right decision in disciplining James. It's now or never..

      Delete
  4. Big boy na talaga si James. Naku, ganyan rin si Rhian, pag papasok na kami galing labas sa kakalakad, ayun, uupo nalang ay iiyak na walang luha. Nakakatuwa narin kc nakikita natin yung mga milestones nila db. Hope to see you soon mommy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Eto na Rackell! Lapit na tayo sa terrible two with tantrums on the side!!! hayy... Keri natin to! See you soon and goodluck sa 2nd baby! =)

      Delete
  5. ah yun pala ang tantrums haha! where on that stage then as of now. hahah

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mommy Rosemarie for taking time to read my blog. =)
      Goodluck to us both! Sana malagpasan ang stage na to ng maayos! =)

      Delete
  6. I think you are nearing that terrible two stage. And It'll pass mum. It will. I have a one year old baby and she's already very malikot and marunong na din umarte. Although takot sya sa akin, pandilatan ko lang ng mata tatahimik na. But if her lola's there nakupo!!! Adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Madam! Paparating na sa Terrible Two stage ang bagets! Pero don't worry, halos lahat naman talaga ng bata dumadating sa ganyan na nagwawala or mag-iiiyak kapag hindi nakuha ang gusto nila. Ganyan din si Y noon. Ang ginawa ko NO is NO. Ang mahirap lang kasi ako lang ang ganun kay Y. Si M, the lolos and lolas, madali sila mag-give in. Kapag may gusto si Y at umiyak, bigay agad sila. Eh naiinis ako kapag ganun. Ang ginagawa ko, kinukuha ko si Y, nilalayo sa kanila at yung bagay na hiningi ng bagets eh kinukuha ko sa pagkakahawak niya. Wafakels kung mag-iiyak siya. Ngayon hindi na ganun si Y. Malaki talaga naging pagbabago sa ugali niya. Wait mo, muther, yung blog post ko about dun sa book na binili ko. Marami akong tips na nakuha doon and very helpful & effective talaga. Good luck! Kaya mo yan. :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading my humble blog.
Leave me some love, I'll visit your blogs too.
Much Love,
Mommy Jen