Tuesday, September 2, 2014

James' 10th Mini Birthday

I think the last time I was able to write about James' monthly birthday celebration was when he was 8 months old. Anyway, August 23rd marks his 10th month birthday. You know I don't give him fancy celebration because of strict finances to follow although I am preparing the best cake for his first year birthday on October 23rd. =)

Time flew really fast that whenever I look at him, he looks like a grown up, around a year old maybe because of his height. After he got hospitalized due to Acute Gastroenteritis (blogged about it here), his chubbiness didn't go back anymore although the weight is still there. I am just thinking that he can't be that chubby because of his very active motor skills like walking, crawling etc. more than ever. He's really handful and wants to go left and right. Sometimes, I am at the edge of loosing my patience on him because he doesn't want to lie down so I can change his nappy. After our battle of putting nappies on, he will smile at me like nothing happened and it really melts me. I will then feel guilty that I am at the end of my patience so I am thinking, next time I'll make sure to double the length of it.

Before I show you his 10th mini birthday, I want to show you his 9th month but I can't find it just now. I have removed all photos from my memory card and transferred it here in my netbook to free up some space. I think it was on my other memory card. Well, I think I'll just have a different post about it. =)

We bought the Ultimate Chocolate Cake Junior from Red Ribbon to celebrate. 



See how makulit he is? Grabe! He wants to touch the fire!!
So curious little bebe!
Look at his face! He's getting annoyed kasi Daddy is putting the cake away! 


Now that he's 10 months old, He:

-  can walk while I am holding his both hands
- can stand up while leaning on something but not holding anything
- can crawl really, really fast
- shakes his head as a sign that he doesn't want something
- can make"gigil" showing his 2 small teeth
- laughs at a playmate who's much bigger kid thinking they're playing with him
- can recognize people's faces in short, nangingilala na sya so when I am not around, he cries
- loves Hi-5 and Mickey Mouse Clubhouse. Also Daniel Tiger's Neighborhood
- can climb on a small chair
- can also make a lot of sounds now like papapa then wawawa, mamama, abuuuu and a lot more
- will look at your mouth when you're chewing something and mimic it like he's chewing too
- knows appear/hi-5 and align (align fingers)

There are still a lot of things that he can do now and I know you'll get bored and I'll get sleepy thinking about all of them. Heheheh! =)

I am really proud with his milestones. I am no expert and doesn't know if his development are based his age but surely, I want him to take his own pace- no pressure at all baby!

Dear James,

Where did the time go? Parang kelan lang, I have just given birth to you. I can still remember my frustration whenever you cry at night. I really had a hard time. It's always been a regret to me for not being able to breastfeed you for as long as I can. If I can just bring back the time.
Anyway, I can see your character somehow and you react on things that you encounter. As I said, I am really glad on your milestones and I am always a one proud Mama.
We have been into a situation now that you always want me around. I missed another 5 days at work plus another 5 days the last time you were sick then plus 2 more when Nanay left to Surigao. I have been telling you this morning that I have to go to work and you should behave while Tita Grace is looking after you. You cried when you thought I left. I was watching you, while hiding outside the door. You're crying like crazy while my heart is breaking. I really wanted to carry you but I know I have to go. I know you have to learn to behave while I am away. Tita Grace carried you and you went fine although I know, for the rest of the day, you will be crying looking for me. Believe me, I badly want to be with you 24/7 and witness how you grow up but I have to go to work so we can give you whatever you need. I am sorry to leave you everyday but I want you to understand that this is all for you. I won't be doing this for nothing. You were my priority since the day that I found out that I am carrying you in my tummy. I know you'll understand this when you have your own family. Pero wag muna anak ha?! Hehehe. I will always love you my forever baby boy. =)

Love lots,
Mama

35 comments:

  1. Aww I remember my daughter's monthly celebrations too, that is such a sweet letter ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy birthday! More blessings to come :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Like you sis, we also have monthly celebration and we only buy cake to celebrate. Ang importante macelebrate siya every month. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tama Michi!! It's the celebration that counts not the amount of handa. Heheheh =)

      Delete
  4. But super cute parin naman si baby! I remember I had acute gastroenteritis, too, when I was 10 years old, and because I know the feeling, boy do I feel bad for your baby for having it. But it's still a happy 10 months, right baby? :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh! He really had a hard time. I remembered how he looked when he was sick! Grabe, I don't want to go over that again! Thanks Marie =)

      Delete
  5. Happy 10th month to your baby1 :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! Yummy cake! Lapit na mag one year old, mas kulit na for sure! Our kids will forever be our babies.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tama ka jan Cym!! Naku ngayon pa lang eh stress na ako sa kakulitan eh.

      Delete
  7. Happy 10th month old baby James! 2 more years, one na sya Mommy Jen :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. It may be small party but it's full of love.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy 10'th Month Baby James! Keep up the good work of making your Mom and Dad happy. I wish you good health and more teeth! Hehe.

    Love,
    Tita Jen.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jen!! Hehehe. He is really the sunshine of our lives! =)

      Delete
  10. Happy 10th month to your baby! Malapit na mag 1 year old, bilis ng panahon noh. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oo edel grabe parang kelan lang puro rants pa ako about may caesarian opearation hahahaha!

      Delete
  11. Mommy Jen, super kulit naman ni James. Nakakatuwa sya lalo na nung parang naasar na sya dahil nilalayo yung cake sa kanya.. Pinatikim mo na ba sya ng cake? I mean kahit icing lang? Nanay ko kc every month nalang pinapatikim si Rhian ng icing eh.

    Malapit na sya mag 1 year old. Excited much na si Mommy.. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hindi Rhian, di ko sya pinapatikim kasi matamis yun eh. I am afraid na baka hanap hanapin nya ung tastes.
      Thanks Rackell.. susunod na si Rhian!! =)

      Delete
  12. Awww.. We also do the monthly celebration thing. Ang saya! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Super Cel!! At the same time, you'll feel nostalgic kasi he's growing up fast eh. =(

      Delete
  13. Our babies are growing up too fast! I wish they would slow down, I already miss my toothless version of Ethan. He also LOVES Hi5! Sometimes I have to sing a Hi5 medley to put him to sleep!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have never tried the medley songs pero what I do is I dance along with Hi-5 and he seems enjoying it. If you have become a mom, you should learn how to dance and sing talaga hahahah!

      Delete
  14. We also did monthly cakes before my daughter turned 1. Ang saya - but it would have been fun to take a picture beside the cake and all para ma compare din yung growth every month. And yes, ang bilis nga nila lumaki noh. Sabi nga, "if you want to know how short life is, look at the first year of a child" or something like that. Hehe. My baby's already talking and parang malaking tao na din nagsasalita. Enjoy motherhood, Mommy Jen!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Pam for the suggestion, I had some photos before pero hindi pwedeng nakatabi yung cake kasi gusto nyang hawakan eh hehehe. I agree with that saying no! Ang bilis talaga ng panahon sobra!!

      Delete
  15. time flies talaga mommy jen! lapit na mag 1 year old si baby james. ok lang kahit di ganun kataba importante healthy. =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree Joy! Yun na lang nga ang iniisip ko eh yung hindi sakitin. But now, may sipon na naman! Hayy.. baka sa weather no?

      Delete
  16. Happy Birthday to your baby! Cute and adorable :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Happy 10th month, James! <3 I remember celebrating Carlisle's 12 months, too, every month! :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Aww happy 10th month to your baby! And now I am craving for chocolate cake. Waaah!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading my humble blog.
Leave me some love, I'll visit your blogs too.
Much Love,
Mommy Jen