Sunday, January 20, 2013

Marcos Mauseoleum

Our first stop for our tour at Laoag was Marcos Museum and Mausoleum. We arrived there with our rented van about 9-ish am. It was not that hot though. There were a lot of people taking pictures and curiously wanting to visit Ferdinand Marcos' resting place. Pictures were not allowed inside so please expect very limited photos of the place. We didn't bother going to Museum as Kuya Vincent said that we can see almost the same things in MalacaƱang of the North. There was an entrance fee of P50.00 or less than that. 








I was so nervous to go inside's Marcos' mausoleum as there were classic musics playing around.It was so cold inside though the door was wide opened. When I set eyes on his remains, I got scared.. Haha! No, I don't really know the feeling I got into. It was mixed feeling that I can't describe. I don't know if I am scared, amazed or what. haha! All I can say is his body is covered with wax and he is inside a glass coffin with a lot of flowers beside him. You can only get to see him for seconds as you were walking along the exit. Visit this link for more details of Marcos Museum and Mausoleum (taken from wiki).

We spent less than 15 minutes as we still have a lot of things to see in Laoag plus we have to travel to Vigan for our day tour. 

All for now folks!
More is coming your way..

xoxo
Jen

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading my humble blog.
Leave me some love, I'll visit your blogs too.
Much Love,
Mommy Jen