Wednesday, January 28, 2015

Review | Austin Land, SM Southmall


Last weekend, I was planning to bring James to Fun Ranch in Alabang so we could try their playdium. From the time I saw Fun Ranch back in 2013, I was 2 months pregnant by then, I wanted to bring James na there so he can play there. Actually nyan, pati ako gusto kong itry! Hahahaha! Toddlers 3 years old and below requires an adult companion with an extra charge so I want to take advantage of it. Hindi kasi ako nakapaglaro sa ganyan nung bata pa ako eh! Hahaha.. Playground lang kasi talaga sa park ang napuntahan ko with matching kakalawangin na slide. Hahaha! #90sbaby

That Saturday afternoon, My sister, Tita Grace went to our house along with her kids. I told her of my plan pero sabi nya, she’s too lazy daw to go there tapos mainit pa daw. Ayaw nya mag loose ng pound or two, kaloka sya! She said, since they are going to SM Southmall daw, I can have James to try the Austin Land inside Timezone, it’s a lot cheaper pa daw. It’s around 3pm na so I think it won’t be very useful to go there. Sobrang hapon na kasi given that we have to commute pa going there. Malapit lang naman but the traffic would require more time pa.

I remember seeing the Austin Land in Southmall before when James was months old but I didn’t pay much attention to it because James was too young to enjoy the place. Karamihan kasi ng nakikita ko dun, puro kids ages 2 and above na so feeling ko hindi pa talaga time for James. I feel timezone din kasi is too noisy and super crowded pag weekends kaya as much as possible, iniiwasan kong pumunta dun.

Anyhoo, that was changed last weekend. After our lunch at Jollibee, (which I suggested so James can see Jollibee a little longer plus, I can earn more points using my Happyplus), I inquired on their rates. Php100 on weekdays and Php150 on weekends. I hesitated a little kasi maliit lang ang place pero it would be a good start naman for James. At least he would be able to give it a try at the same time, I’ll find out on how he would react on a place like this.

I was told to sign the paper which would serve as a waiver that I let my child go inside. Austin Land requires an adult companion for toddlers for FREE which I think was great. I saved Php125 that day! They also have to take picture of James before entry. I brought socks  for me too anticipating that I’ll look after James while playing inside. With that, I saved another Php50 from buying socks from them! Yeah!

As soon as James and I came in, I have to make him sit down so I can take off his shoes but he won’t. Baka excited na din ang bagets with the new environment. I wore my socks too and soon after, I let James walk around the place. I carried him to the pool plenty of small balls as I know he would like it very much.

True enough, he started throwing all the balls with matching gigil on his face.

Hahaha!

I captured that on video and it was really funny. Parang galit nag alit sya somewhere while throwing all the balls that he can get. I also have to look after my nephew, Andy, Tita Grace’s son. Hindi kasi pinayagan si Alex, my niece kasi she’s only 10 years old. Dapat daw kasi 18yo pataas ang mga adult companion. Hindi naman bantayin si Andy because he’s 4yo and can handle himself somehow.

OK, I’ll let the picture do the talking na lang. =)

Just got in!!



 
Looking at other kids playing
At this point, he got the hang of it then started throwing the ball. Good thing walang tinatamaan dahil kami lang yung tao sa place. 



I brought him to this part because I want him to try the maze and the tunnels. To my surprise, he climbed on this thing on his own!!! I am really shocked!! Looking at it, parang madulas and I am kinda scared na baka mag slip sya at malaglag pero he made it to the top!! I want to do cartwheels dun eh, hindi nga lang ako marunong mag cartwheel! Hahahah.. 


 At this point, mejo nagsisi na akong umakyat din ako sa tunnel kasi parang feeling ko di ako kasya dito!! hahaha. It looks like na kapag papasok ako jan, mabubutas yung tunnel. I was afraid na baka malaglag kami nila James and other kids and ma dismantle yung buong playdium! Alam nio ba how it looks like? Parang yung mas malaking version lang ng nasa mga kiddie land ng Jollibee sa ibang branches nila? Hahahaha., Imagine how scared I am! 

Sabi ko sa mga kasunod namin na kids, wait lang ha? Wag muna kayo susunod! =)

Encouraging them both to go through this tunnel
The second tunnel. Ayaw ni James gumapang kasi it only has that ladder eh.
Crawling down. It's still inside the tunnel.
Natuwa sya sa mga patusok na yan, pero napatid sya sa isa sa mga yan hence the photo.





At the end of the maze was the slide. I tried to slide while James is sitting down on my lap pero epic fail yung pag slide ko kasi I was wearing a pekpek shorts

Hindi dumulas yung pwet ko!! Hahahaha!!


This was moving pala in circular motion.

This naman was like a ship moving from the waves of the ocean.
James was not able to try this kasi he's too young pa.
View upon entrance. Mommies taking a rest.
This was the slide. James was trying to go up pero nadudulas sya.


I got really tired from the maze so we took a rest sa pool with balls (I don't know what it is called eh). I was checking all the photos when I realized that he was quite. I looked at him and found these...


He was putting the balls sa sulok ng play area until it was filled up.


Mandatory photo op
This section is for watching movies
Side Kwento: 


I saw this car na walang gumagamit. I held James and I said, "Sakay ka, Anak!" 

And then this little girl went by at inunahan si James. The little girl must be 2 yo. She went inside the car while James was halfway thru. Meaning inunahan nya to go inside. The mom was watching us closely, parang katabi ko lang halos. She was saying "No baby!" pero hindi naman nya pinipigilan si little girl. I took James away eh parang gusto na rin pala nyang sumakay, I know because nilalaban nya yung body nya when I was trying to take him out. Sabi ko na lang, "Paunahin mo na lang si Baby Girl, Anak. Ladies first!". 

I took James elsewhere na lang then later on, I saw na wala ng gumagamit. That's the time I took James in and pushed the car para umaandar sya. Hehehe! Worth the wait! =)

James tried to carry this ball pero mas malaki pa sa kanya. Hehehe!



After a while, I heard the lady saying "Time na po si James." I carried James while he was holding 2 small balls in his hand. Mukhang gusto pang iuwi! =)

Going out of the play area was breeze. We just literally went out. =)

As soon as we got out, We both tried this naman. You can usually see this in SM diba? Php10 per ride. I let James drive tapos mina maneuver ko lang pag babangga na. =)




Trying to get a nice photo of us pero ayan, nagwawala na. Tapos na kasi yung time allotted, he want to go out na.

Verdict: 

* Austin Land is perfect for the family who were just strolling around the mall.
* The mismong place was not crowded with kids at the time we came in. 
* Great place para pagurin ang bagets. Heheh! 
* The staff were not that friendly nga lang. I was asking question pero parang may 10 seconds delay bago nila ako kausapin. 
* They said they wanted to take pictures of the baby pero ang blurry naman when I saw it tapos sabi ok na daw.. Haha!
* They were strict in terms of adult companion kasi my niece was not able to come in dahil 10yo pa lang sya. It should be 18yo and above.
* There were 2 televisions, one is not working.
* Ang konti ng plastic balls. Mas okay siguro kung mas madami.

Will I go back to Austin Land? Maybe but definitely not anytime soon kasi I still want to try Fun Ranch. =)

Austin Land
3rd floor, (Inside Timezone) 
SM Southmall, Alabang Zapote Rd
Las Pinas


13 comments:

  1. Haha ang saya! Talagang kasama ka inside the maze; ikaw na mommy! You know what, you'll really encounter all types of kids in those places. That's when we realize it's really important to teach our kids manners early!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree! The staff aren't too friendly, considering they're surrounded by kids all the time. I frequent Southmall even if I'm from the North and I got turned off by their staff. Di ko nalang pinaglaro daughter ko jan.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The play area looks big! Its nice that you have a choice where to take the little one during your free time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The place looks good for me pero di man din maganda pag di masyadong friendly young staff, Kawawa naman niece mo, di nakapasok, sa'n sya nag stay?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like fun! This post makes me wanted to be a child once again even though,like you,I've never experienced to do stuff like this. As a mother,I learned that we should always have fun with our little ones because they grow up too fast!

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow, mukhang nag enjoy ang mag nanay a! mommy Jen, next time mag pants ka para makapag slide ka na din! hahaha! Ka inggit kasi di ko pa na try yang ganyan e, gusto ko sana yung Fun Ranch parang magaganda yung mga reviews at pwedeng paglaruan.

    yung balls unti nalang Jen, kasi nilagay sa sulok ni baby James, hehe! Haaang GWAPO! =)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Mukhang nag enjoy si James ha. Ang cute naman nya, nakakagigil. Parang kelan lang baby pa sya, ngayon may binata ka na. :) Try mo naman next Gymboree.. ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  8. Waah! Alam mo ba sisJenilyn nadayo pa kami ng SM Bacoor para madala ko kids diyan sa Austin. I did not know na meron sa Southmall which is near dito sa place namin :) Thank you for sharing. I agree walang paglalagan ng tuwa ang kids pa punta diyan :) Did u avail the unlimited one?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nice! I always take my kids to places like this.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Looks fun! We usually play at an indoor play place when we cannot spend time in the park due to rain.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This looks fun and your son looks like he had a good time :) This can be a good alternative for Gymboree :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Mukhang nag enjoy si bagets pero mas nag enjoy si mommy haha

    xoxo
    MrsMartinez

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love play places that are conveniently located at the mall! It takes off a lot of pressure of entertaining the kids while out. Dapat lang lagi kaming may kasamang yaya or one of us is willing to stay inside and play.

    Ma-comment ko lang, ang sarap ng higa ni Ate na naka-yellow shirt sa ball pool. :p

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading my humble blog.
Leave me some love, I'll visit your blogs too.
Much Love,
Mommy Jen