Tuesday, November 29, 2016

Jami's 3rd Birthday Party

Now I believe that time flies really fast! I can't believe that Jami turned 3 last month! Parang kailan lang he was a tiny little baby who only sleeps, drink milk and poop! Tapos ngayon, sobrang daldal na! Next thing I'll know, he'll go to school na!! Hayy.. I feel old. =(

This year, I planned only to celebrate his birthday at home. I wanted him to experience having guests for his birthday. I know he appreciates his birthday even more. I felt that he's starting to feel the importance of this special day in our lives. For the last two years kasi, parang he doesn't care pa talaga and doesn't understand everything that's going on. Having that said, I appreciate his reactions even more and the happiness that it brings when he blows the candle on his cake. =)

Weeks before his birthday, I really didn't know what to prepare. Ewan ko ba! It's as if my mind isn't working until the day of his birthday when I was cramming to prepare for everything. Lol! I filed a leave from work on a friday before his birthday (fell on a Sunday) so I could still run to the grocery. I contacted his Lola to cook one menu, pancit, broiled chicken and Lumpiang Shanghai then she added a biko as well. It turned out na ang dami nya din palang handa. I cooked spaghetti for him and baked a cake for his birthday. I wasn't really planning to buy a cake since I know I could make one. Yun nga lang, since I wasn't that confident in making a fondant cake yet, nagkulang ako sa ingredients. Lol! Hahaha! I wasn't decided until last minute that I'll make him a Moist Chocolate Cake with Chocolate Ganache covered with Marshmallow fondant. So sayang because I didnt realize wala na pala akong cocoa to make one! hahahah. Good thing, I was able to make a 6x3 Round Yema Cake which we distributed to our guests. I invited some of my officemates lang so mga wala na silang arte sa cake. hahaha! I also bought a cake decoration that I could add. I was aiming for a pirate theme for him initially then later on realize that he loves Lion Guard in Disney Channel. Lol!


It was really funny though na wala man lang kaming maayos na photo during his birthday celebration. While we were singing a song for him before he blew his cake, I was watching him closely because I don't want to miss that for the world! We actually sang two times and re-light the candle so he could blow again because he likes it! hehehe. Pagbigyan, birthday nya eh.


We just had a chatful afternoon with my officemates. That day was really tiring! But definitely worth it. I was really glad that Jami's birthday fell on a weekend so we were able to celebrate it on that special day. And just like that, it was a very simple birthday celebration but we really loved it. I am looking forward for more birthdays at home until he's seven where we'll probably celebrate somewhere special too. =)


Dear Baby,

You were so happy having some guests that day (yung mga anak ng mga kumare ko sa office). You even talk to some of my officemates about what's in their teeth (braces) "Ano yan sa teeth mo?" you said. Haha! and I responded, "magiging zombie yan, Anak!" Just to bully my officemates. Hahah! But that's bad, we don't want bullying okay? I was just kidding and my officemates and I have an understanding of that. =D You played the whole day, you ate spaghetti and biko. I was a little worried that you became restless because we have some guests that we barely fit in the house but you behaved well. The only problem was, you don't want to share your toy to Anthony. But that's fine. I talked to you and you started sharing your toys to him. I like it that way. We briefed you that there were kids coming and you have to share toys. You forgot for a moment but you complied. You were really a 3 year old baby! Almost baby no more, Anak! But.. You are my forever baby boy.

You turned 3 that day and I was the happiest Mommy on earth. I grew up celebrating birthdays like this.. at home. No fancy gifts, no clowns, few guests minsan wala pa, there were times na wala talagang handa but it didn't make me a less of a person at all. I want you to stay humble with whatever that you have in life. I am really glad that you are growing up as a smart, lovable, and happy baby! I could not ask for more, Anak. All I want you to become is a healthy, smart, down to earth, hardworking, God-fearing man. Although I still want to cherish these days where all you know is that you love Mommy and Daddy, I won't hinder you when you wish to grow up. Just make sure that you'll take it a step at a time. I love you Jami and I want you to know that you are Mommy and Daddy's greatest blessing of all.

Again, HAPPY BIRTHDAY, MY FOREVER BABY BOY! Mommy and Daddy love you sooo much! Mwuah.

Love, Mommy

2 comments:

Thanks for reading my humble blog.
Leave me some love, I'll visit your blogs too.
Much Love,
Mommy Jen