Thursday, April 27, 2017

Calaguas Island 2017: Part Two

This is the second installment of our Calaguas Team Building.

We literally spent the whole afternoon in the beach because we took tents for our accommodations that day. I loved the idea kasi never pa kaming nag tent and I was excited for Jami because kids love  bahay-bahayan diba? Jami likes going under kumot and magtatago daw sya. This time, he will have plenty of time to go hiding. Haha! =)

As I said from the first installment, we immediately swim our heart out after we arrived. I was surprised to see that Calaguas Island has a long stretch of white, fine sand.



We walked from our tent to one side of the island with a lot of rock formation. I was looking forward for more photos near those rocks and to go to the other side but Jami was a little cranky at that time, probably tired of our long ride.




After some time, I have decided to clean up before our lunch was served by the organizers. Sorry I don't have photos of the food but I could say na hindi tinipid. It will be served buffet style and if they see that the food is running low, maglalabas pa sila. Our food was also shared by another group (yung mga nakasabay din namin sa jeep) so it was a good thing kasi walang napag iiwanan na hindi nakakain. 

Later in the afternoon, we were told we'll go Island Hopping so we changed back to our swimming clothes. I left my phone in our tent because I was thinking na baka mabasa and we don't have a plastic or waterproof bags to put it on. Yun pala, we won't even swim. Hahahah! I was so annoyed with myself na hindi ko dinala yung phones so we don't have pictures from here on. Good thing, my team mate agreed to take photos of us kung hindi, nganga. Hahah!


This island was pretty close to Calaguas. You have to trek and I could say na mejo matarik sya ng slight. I wasn't wearing slippers during this time kaya nag trek ako ng naka paa.

In fairness, ang sakit nya sa paa. Hahaha!

We were at the highest point of the island and it was so peaceful except na mejo madaming tao that time. Someone from another group went down on the rocky side of the island (left side of this photo). Big rocks + big waves means danger! The girl who went down with her group took pictures in one of the flat rocks tapos biglang may malaking alon so she was dragged and got injured. She was slashed by big rocks on her legs and arms but it wasn't that fatal from the looks of it. I believe they called for a rescue because it will be really hard for her to climb back. Mabuti na lang talaga yun lang ang inabot nya because when you look at the place, sobrang dangerous to go down. So next time, safety first! May maganda ka ngang selfie, tegi ka naman diba?

Our tent

After around 45 minutes to 1 hour, we decided to leave the island and went straight to snorkeling. It was very near Calaguas Island lang. I didn't dare to go down the bangka because it's getting dark. I am also worried with Jami na baka matakot because we will leave him with my teammates sa bangka.

When we arrived, Dinner was served shortly after. Mejo hassle lang ng slight yung pagligo because there's only one poso near our place and since we are a group, mahirap maligo. Although they provided 5 restrooms, yung pagkuha ng water ang slightly challenging.

By this time too, naubusan na kami ng battery ng phone and our power bank wasn't charged 100% so ayun. We have no phones for the night. There's no electricity in Calaguas except at night when they open mobile bars. You can get your gadgets charged at a local store for Php20 per gadget.

Good thing, my officemates allowed us to get our gadgets charged thru their powerbanks. =) 

We slept at around 9pm. I struggled a bit because Jami's so pawisin. He was looking for electric fans or AC but since he got really tired the whole day and the night before, he slept immediately.

I woke up around 5am because it was really cold.


Our breakfast was prepared a little later along with our lunch since we have to leave at 10am. The coast guard advised us a day before that waves will get really huge.

I was still looking forward to go trekking pero our officemates decided not to. I lost track of time and didn't realize that we left the island at 8am. It was a good decision because we were the last bangka to be allowed to leave the island.

The waves were really crazy sobrang tataas talaga. Imagine for almost 3 hours of boat ride, malalaki yung alon na kasabay mo??

As in literally parang gustong tumaob ng bangka. I was so scared pero si Jami, tulog na tulog. Daryl got dizzy and masusuka na daw sya, it rained also while we're in the middle of the ocean! Sobrang saglit lang naman so hindi naman kami basang-basa. Now it make sense why locals sell huge plastic bags before you go to Calaguas island.

By the way, we didn't take a bath before leaving the island since there's a chance we'll get wet during our boat ride. True enough, it rained so when we reached Vinzon, we paid 10 or 20 pesos per head to use the bathroom.

 We booked our bus ride the day we arrived in Daet. We rode the Deluxe Bus instead of the first class because it will leave Daet at 4pm than 9pm for the latter. We paid Php550/head. I recommend the Superlines Buses because the ones we rode on were brand new and malinis.


I would say that Calaguas was quite an adventure and I really loved the place. However, I don't think I am going back anytime soon. Halos malaglag ang puso ko sa sobrang takot on our ride back to Vinzon. My advise is to go there during mid April or May to make sure that the ocean will be quiet.

Total Spending in Php:

Calaguas Package (Tour, Transfers, Tents, Food) - 2,300/head
Bus Fare from Cubao to Daet and vice versa - 1,200/head
Breakfast at Vinzon - 180
Use of Bathroom at Vinzon - 40

The rest are personal spending like snacks and Jami's food.

2 comments:

  1. Would love to do this with Maco when she's older! Parang ang saya :) Buti na lang din hindi nawala gamit nyo, hehe medyo paranoid lang ;p

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hahaha hindi naman. mejo safe naman din kasi yung mga nag organize nung trip, nakabantay lang din sila.

      Delete

Thanks for reading my humble blog.
Leave me some love, I'll visit your blogs too.
Much Love,
Mommy Jen