Monday, August 11, 2014

Mommy and Jami Bonding + Nappy Rashes Experience

The weekend that past was spent at home. Daddy didn't arrive due to his basketball game which as I have mentioned, I don't want to make pakealam because it was his way of keeping himself sane. You know men can be very likely to dwell on sports on times they would need to gather the pieces of themselves - as a breather kung baga. I am just glad that he doesn't need to use drugs and all to keep his mind intact. Hehe. In return, I want him to become supportive of my blogging because this is my way of keeping my mind in the right track. 

Sunday that passed was quite tiring though because I carried James with me going to shop where I had my netbook fixed. Finally guys!!! Ok na ang keyboard nya so I can blog anytime I want, even at home. =) 

Anyway, I often hear that Nanay and Nanay Isa were all having a hard time taking care of James. He has a lot of energy kasi eh and the thunders (oldies) can't catch up on him -  even me, he crawls and walks (while holding onto something) very fast. It's tiring for me, what more for Nanay and Nanay Isa diba? So every weekend, I always make sure that I'll be the one to take care of him so I would know the new milestones he have acquired. I am quite happy with his achievement so far though I am not sure if it is being advance, average or late. Well, as long as he is taking his precious time to learn, that is absolutely fine with me. I know he has his own time on things and I want to keep it on his pace, not mine nor someone else's.

Our usual bonding is just playing together, I would tackle him that makes him giggle, watch Hi-5 and Mickey Mouse together, sleep together, and of course feed him. I am looking forward to do more bonding moments with him specially if he's big enough to swim, to run, to bike together (not too late for me to learn it right?) and a lot, lot more.

Mama with Jami bonding

I have posted the last photo on my instagram account @its_mommy_jen with a caption "Humahabol sa lapad ng aking face!! Hehe. So happy to see you going back to your healthy self baby Jami. =) #healthybaby #happymommy #weekendbonding. 

Whenever I look at him, grabe parang hindi sya nagkasakit. Although mild lang naman yung dehydration nya, my heart broke when I saw him not comfortable with him vomiting and pooping. 

By the way guys, I just want to share this. I was just amazed with Nappy Cream I used for James. 

 
I have already blogged about it before here but still, it never failed to make me wow!! When James had his Acute Gastroenteritis, he has been pooping almost 5 times a day, minsan sobrang konti lang talaga so there were times na hindi agad sya nahuhugasan. I have noticed that whenever I wash him straight in the faucet, he felt uncomfortable and sometimes cries a little. I thought he felt cold dahil sa water. I am no longer using cotton and water like I always do to wash him before kasi he is so malikot to the max na talaga so it always get messy if I use cotton pa. When we were confined and have to use cotton and water ulit to avoid the hassle of going to the restroom carrying him and his dextrose stand, I noticed na sobrang sugat - sugat na pala yung pwet nya, as in. Parang nalapnos na kasi may maliliit na sugat malapit sa pwet hole nya. Naawa talaga ako so I bought the cream na again kasi the one I was using before got expired. Namana ko pa kasi yun sa sister ko eh. After 2 consecutive days of using it, the wounds were gone though the redness remained but very minimal na lang. I can't even see any trace of the wounds, I was so amazed ng bongga.. Hehehe. Until now, I am using it whenever I change his nappy to completely heal the redness. Oh I even used it before sa face ni James when he had butlig butlig sa forehead when he was 4 months old I think. Grabe Mommies sobrang effective and it is really a must - have. =)

9 comments:

  1. It's normal for his age to be like that especially he can't wait to explore things. Just enjoy him because you will miss that moment and with the rashes,they're no fun and we can't do anything but to watch them deal with it. Hope he gets better.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree Gladys. I went home last night knowing na grumabe yung rashes nya. =(

      Delete
  2. I'm a Drapolene user too with my two kids. But not anymore now since they're not having rashes anymore. My almost 2 year old daughter isn't experiencing rashes even if I cloth diaper her. Thank goodness. This is because I don't let her wear CD or DD whenever she is awake or at play. I estimate bringing her to the bathroom to let her 'wiwi' and also start her to potty train.. in that case her bottoms will be relaxed and aired. But during sleeping time I let her wear CD or DD. Try also patting anti-rash powder on your baby's bottom..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was really helpful diba? I am just hoping na maging ok na yung rashes nya kasi mejo lumala ata. Naalala ko kasi nag mall kami nung weekend ginamitan ko sya ng baby wipes eh mejo allergic siguro sya dun.

      Delete
  3. Ang sarap talaga pag weekend, lalo na pag kasama ang pamilya. Habang lumalaki, papogi ng papogi ang baby James mo ah! Good to know he's okay na. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Edel. Hehehe. Oo buti umo ok na sya. Makulit na ulit. Hehe. =)

      Delete
  4. Mommy Jen, ako gamit ko kay Rhian yung Cycles.. So far okay naman sa kanya.. How much yung cream na yan?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 200+ Rackell.. Pang matagalang gamit naman saka pwede din sya sa minor wounds and burns. Kahit nga sa kagat ng lamok nilalagay ko eh ok naman hehe. =) Yung cycles how much ba?

      Delete
  5. Hi Jen,

    How's James now? Hope his okay na. Yes, weekend is a family time talaga, we had ours too. Hihi.
    Sa rashes naman, I just use Vaseline Petroleum Jelly on Ayvan's pwet, it works naman kaya I don't worry that much but when he was 6 weeks, he got raw rashes talaga and I only used baking powder and it worked. I just used the traditional ones lang.

    Hope James is okay na. Don't worry too much, dumadaan talaga sa ganyan. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading my humble blog.
Leave me some love, I'll visit your blogs too.
Much Love,
Mommy Jen