Thursday, August 28, 2014

Starvoice 2014 at Active Fun in BGC

Last Saturday August 23, I was invited to attend an event at Active Fun in Bonifacio High Street Taguig for Starvoice 2014. I was quite giddy to know that I will be attending my first ever blogger event. Feeling ko kasi lumi -level up na aketch! Hahahah. Charot.

Along the way, I was so annoyed at myself for making the wrong decision of which way I will take going to BGC. The last time I went there was when I was 3-4 months pregnant with James along with a mommy friend of mine. I only have one route in mind however, it was really, really traffic. I was thinking not to attend anymore because it was past 4pm na but my inner blogger self wants to go. When I got to MRT Ayala Station, I found out the the bus shuttle wasn't there because of the road construction along the loop so I decided to ride a taxi. Good thing, there were taxis there who offers a ride for 4 going to BGC so I only paid 50 pesos. Hihi =)

When I reached Active Fun, I asked the guard as to where the event is being held. Oh Dear, I don't have any details of the event. Waaa!! I am losing my hope in going. I tried texting the contact person but she's not answering back.While waiting, I saw Kristine Hermosa with her kids and a Nanny going inside Active Fun. Na starstruck ako mga te!! hahaha. She was tall and pretty. I guess she's pregnant but I can't tell kasi I am focused on her face eh. Heheh. I decided to call the contact person again and she answered. I was headed to Upperground floor where the event is being held. By the way, I went alone because James was sick the day before eh. Pinagpahinga ko muna.

I approached a very accommodating staff as I am looking for the person that will accommodate us. I was asked "blogger po?" Kinabahan ako mga teng! I was hesitant to say yes because I don't consider myself as a blogger eh. This blog is like an online diary lang talaga although I am really glad to be invited on occasions like these. I was given a seat and handed a meal. I felt a little VIP ha?! Hehehe. I don't know if it was really like that talaga for bloggers. I just didn't like the seat we were given kasi there was this huge post na nakaharang so I kept on standing and going to the center so I could see the contestants.


Can you see where the guy in a gray top? Malaking poste yan. Yan ang kaharap ko while watching. Hayy..

Going back, since I arrived almost an hour late, I heard the last little division contestant singing "You'll gonna love me". Grabe!! Diba sobrang taas ng song na yun? Abot na abot ni bagets. Nawindang akong tunay!

Let the photo do the talking. Shall we? =)

It was the two Active Fun Mascot along with the dancers ala Bruno Mars
 
After which, another round of singing kids has started.This was for a different age bracket of kids (Junior Division) who joined Starvoice.


Would you believe that this kid sang "Let it Go"? Ang cool ng voice nya!!
This kid naman sang the "what the fox says" Ang galing din!!

These cupcakes caught my attention because they were seated right beside me. Hehehe! Drooling!
Gladys Reyes hosting the event. I don't know the name of the guy though.
I liked the cupcake but not the icing. Parang lasang margarine eh hehe. Too much butter siguro? I don't know. I like red velvet more kasi. =)
Gladys and her co-host sang "Bakit Ngayon ka lang?" while waiting for the judges to decide on the winner.
Then, the announcement of special awards followed.






The Starvoice 2014 Winner Junior Category

Contestants of Little Division
Unfortunately, my phone memory is full so I wasn't able to take anymore photos after the announcement of winners for Little Division. 

Judged by Ms Ana Liza Porto of Grand Videoke; Ms. Naths Everett of Repertory Philippines and; Mr. Jay Pangilinan of Repertory Philippines. Starvoice 2014 was indeed a great way to showcase our child's talent. I was so amazed with the contestant and surely, the judges had a hard time choosing the best among the best. I have watched some singing contest but this was so far the greatest I have attended. I swear, sobrang gagaling ng mga contestant. Nagsisi tuloy ako na hindi ko pinursue ang singing career ko when I was a kid. Hahahah. 

Also, one of the judges Mr. Jay Pangilinan sang. Ay grabe! It's as if I watched a live play in theater, si Lea Salonga na lang ang kulang, Miss Saigon na ang dating. It's like those from Disney movies ang peg!! Ang cool!! That's what Repertory Philippines is about eh. 

I waited until the event ended and heard the winners sang their winning piece again. The winner from Starvoice Junior Division had a future peg of Lea Salonga while the winner from Little Division is the future Beyonce Knowles. Ganon sila kagagaling!!

After the event, we said our goodbyes and took home these samples. Nag enjoy sa Goody Gulp si Daddy Daryl. Hahaha. Makasali nga sa giveaway nyan. =)



Thank you Active Fun and StarVoice for inviting us all. I surely had a blast! =)


60 comments:

  1. Ah, yan pala yung event from Mommy Bloggers Philippines. Sana next time maka attend rin ako ng mga ganyan, hirap lang kasing iwanan si Rhian eh, pero kung pwedeng mag sama GO ako..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oo Rackell. Hehehe. In this event, pwede isama ang kids pero I opted to leave James at home kasi he was sick days before the event eh. I'll let you know pag meron ulit mga ganto so we can both attend. =)

      Delete
  2. Great event ha, dahil may cupcake. Hehe! It's not too late to pursue singing. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Naku Cym, Busy pa ako sa pag aalaga ng baby. hehehe. Next time na lang siguro. I can sing great naman sa CR eh hehehe.=)

      Delete
  3. Nice reading you post. Ang dami nangyari bago ka narating. hehehe! Even I'm blogging for 3yrs, napapastop din ako pagtinanung ako kung blogger ako. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oo nga Michi!! Parang chinallenge pa talaga ako kung makakapunta ba talaga ako o hindi. Hehehe. I think I'll never get used being called as a blogger unless kasing level na ako ni Mommy Fleur. Charot! heheheh. =)

      Delete
  4. Thanks for sharing! :) I was curious as to what happened on that Activefun event. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome Mommy. Sayang you weren't there. Naturuan mo sana ako mag Chinese,.hehe =)

      Delete
  5. Nice experience, mommy. Kahit di tayo ganun ka-fan ng mga artista, iba pa rin yung nagiging feeling talaga if you see one in person, ano? hehehe

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oo Shari may starstruck level talaga. Hehehe. Nahiya ako magpa picture eh chaka ng dala kong camera.Hehe

      Delete
  6. Congratulations on your first blog event. You'll be experiencing more as you continue to blog! All the best to you and your blog :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Miss Lani. I am looking forward for more.=)

      Delete
  7. eto yung sinasabi mo mommy jen?mukhang masaya nga din yung event. i'm happy for you kasi nakaka attend ka na ng mga ganitong klaseng event. =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes Joy, eto na yun. Sayang wala ka. Ayaw mo pa kasi jumoin eh. =( ma meet sana kita in one of these in the future.

      Delete
  8. Ooooh so this was the event! Sayang, late ko na nakita the announcement. Would've enjoyed this one, I like singing competitions. Pero teka, Gladys Reyes sang? Kumakanta pala si Gladys Reyes? hehe, di ko alam.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Na shock ka ba May? Oo kumanta sya. Not bad naman ang voice nya pero syempre hindi pang bonggang singer.

      Delete
  9. Aaaw. I miss that, before kasi sinasamahan ako ni Ace sa mga event but now na his worth demanding waley na. Keep it up Jen! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. hahhaahha ganoon din feeling ko when I attended my first blog event..Keep on blogging!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Pier!! Baka na culture shock lang aketch! Hopefully may second round hehehe. =)

      Delete
  11. I hope I get to be invited to blogger event also :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Madami opportunity sa MBP. Jan lang din ako nagstart, eto naka isa na heheheh =)

      Delete
  12. relate ako sa identity crisis as blogger kasi online diary lang din blog ko, he he. but blogging and attending blogging events can be really useful in helping us hone our writing skills, and even observation skills, networking skills, and other skills for that matter. just keep at it :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree rina! Kasi I surpirsed myself while eating the cupcake, naging observant ako bigla. I felt na may responsibility ako while watching. Hehehe. Feels great! =)

      Delete
  13. Wow, upgrade na nga talaga Mommy. Wala pa ko sa level na yan pero feeling ko I'd feel the same way as 1st event/goody post ko. Haha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. At least my goody post ka na ha Paulline. Naku di naman kataasan ang level na to, isang hakbang lang sayo kaw naman. Maabutan mo pa ako for sure. Or mas maganda sabay na tayo hehe. =)

      Delete
  14. There are so many talented kids nowadays. Congratulations to all the winners. :-D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sinabi mo pa Mommy Lally, ang gagaling nila sobra!!

      Delete
  15. I see you enjoyed it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Looks like a fun event. And like you, I'm attracted to the cupcakes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do.Kaya lng mejo di ko type yung icing hehehe.

      Delete
  17. It was nice meeting you. I could have stayed longer kaso the kids were so sleepy already!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oo nga Serene, nagulat ako umalis ka agad kala ko tuloy tapos na yung event heheheh. =)

      Delete
  18. I hope I can attend events like these soon, perhaps when Ethan is older. Looks like you had fun, hassle lang si Kuya Gray Polo. Haha!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hassle tlaga!! Hahaha. You'll be able to go soon., I can feel it hehehe

      Delete
  19. Don't worry, masasanay ka din in the future hehe. But the event looks like a fun one. Sad lang that you got a bad seat and you didn't like the cupcake's icing. Like you, I don't like butter icing, too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was fun! Ah siguro nga masyadong makapal yung icing kaya mejo di ko nagustuhan. =)

      Delete
  20. Looks like so much fun, I adore those cupcakes!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Saya ng event. Sana there are more events that mommy bloggers can attend to here in Cebu.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww.. I hope too. =) Manalig ka lang pahmee. Hehe =)

      Delete
  22. Congrats on your first event sis! Sunod sunod na yan malamang. :) When I saw the cupcake, yun ang unang pumasok sa isip ko "Anu kaya lasa nung frosting?" ang kapal kase ng pag ka pipe hehe.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Mommy! I agree with you. Nakakaumay yung icing hehe.

      Delete
  23. Wow, mukhang enjoy yan! DI ako nakasign up agad hehe..:) Pero ang sarap siguro ng cupcakes... I enjoy these events, kasi I get to meet other mommies, and then nadidiscover ko mga talents ng mga tao..:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As a first timer, I enjoyed it too.. Hoping to see more Mommies in the future. =)

      Delete
  24. Looks like a fun event. I really love watching kids perform. :)

    ReplyDelete
  25. I loved how you shared your first mommy blogger event! So spontaneous! I hope to meet you soon. Kitakits sa MBP Halloween party mother!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hihihi! I got overwhelmed with the "blogger po" question eh., Hehehe! Me too!! Can't wait to meet y'all =)

      Delete
  26. Oh dear, on my 1st event, my tablet is almost drained so I missed a lot of moments, too ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oo nga Sol, it was really annoying!! Hindi ko naman ma delete yung ibang photos kasi puro mukha ni James eh! Hehehe. =)

      Delete
  27. I like watching singing contests. Looks like you enjoyed it yourself.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did Mommy Teresa! looking forward for more, Thank you! =)

      Delete
  28. I remembered my 1st event (year 2010 ata) because of your post :) ganyang ganyan ako noon e.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hihihihi! Sobrang starstruck lang no Mommy Levy diba?! Siguro next time less ignorante na ako hehehe. =)

      Delete
  29. I wasn't able to attend this event because of a prior commitment but it looks like it was fun. The cupcakes look great though. There'll be many more events and stumbles. Happy blogging!

    ReplyDelete
  30. I love to watch singing contest too most especially if the contestants are kids.

    ReplyDelete
  31. What a fun first event to attend :) I'm a frustrated singer lol! And I love watching and hearing people sing.

    ReplyDelete
  32. The event looked so interesting! Glad to you were able to enjoy your first blogger event! More events with MBP to come pa yan! :)

    ReplyDelete
  33. Great delivery. Great arguments. Keep up the great work.



    Here is my webpage ... healthy foods

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading my humble blog.
Leave me some love, I'll visit your blogs too.
Much Love,
Mommy Jen