Thursday, December 4, 2014

Me Time | Mont Albo Massage And Spa Experience

This Monday that passed, My friend and I had a spa experience here in Makati that I would like to share with you guys.

I am itching to have a great massage since the last time I had an encounter in year 2012. Clearly that was before I got pregnant with James in early 2013. Since I delivered thru C-section, I opted not to get a massage for the longest time. I don't actually know what has changed but it scared me a lot to go have a massage.

In the past months, I have experienced stiff neck for 2 long months.. Imagine? 2 months kong tiniis ang stiff neck na yun. It was just one day, I woke up with a stiff neck. I thought it would just go away on its own like those I had before. It took a week before it was gone however, I never realized that is going back for days then will be gone and back again after some time. I thought it was just about my sleeping position at night. Later on, I realized that when I wake up in the morning, I had a neck that's nangangalay but not totally a stiff neck. I would feel the pain when I am at work which could be on a level 8 pain, I guess.

My officemates encouraged me a lot to go check it with the doctor which I did. I found out that it was an MPS (myofascial pain syndrome). It refers to the pain in the muscles due to poor posture or stress. I actually attended a therapy session with Dra. Ynion in Healthway, Alabang Town Center, which if I may add is a great outpatient clinic. I swear! I was asked several times if pinamassage ko na nga daw since the Physical Therapist had a quick massage on my upper back. He said, yes.. he's a man, said that I can have it massaged naman daw, just make sure na super light lang kasi neck and batok is really sensitive with all the nerves that are located there straight to the brain. I told him, I am scared to die kasi. Hahaha! I have heard stories kasi that they had they're stiff neck massaged tapos na tegi. Eh jusko pass muna ako jan at baby pa ang anak ko! Hahahaha.. Baliw lang ang peg ko.

Anyhoo.. I have decided to throw myself in a spa massage since I think I had a lot of lamig sa katawan. I have been checking discount websites for a great deal where I found about Mont Albo. My friend introduced me there but was told by another person na hindi nga daw maganda. Although I wasn't able to get the deal online due to a very hectic schedule, sabayan pa ng mahabang pila sa bank, My friend and I decided to push our plans on getting a massage on a regular rate.

Just in front of our building was the Mont Albo. When we went inside, there's no other customers waiting which I found great because I don't have to wait for a masseus to become available. We were greeted by a small receiving area with a friendly receptionist. As usual, I have asked questions regarding their massage while holding their flyers where it explains the different massages they offer. On my past experiences, I always have the Swedish and Shiatsu combination which was not indicated on their flyer. It was their Mont Albo Massage pala. I am familiar with that kind of massage so I chose that when I asked if I want to add Ventosa for additional 80pesos. Mejo nag isip lang ako ng slight when my friend said na ipush na nga daw so we agreed.

We were then sent to our massage bed and we were immediately asked to take off our clothes except underwear which we did. Shortly after, the two masseus arrived and started the massage. I am new to Ventossa and was quite surprise about the feeling. I felt really cold kasi napakalamig ng room. My friend told me na mainit daw yung small cups used for ventosa. I thought it was cold kasi everytime na ilalagay, napapaigtad ako. Hahaha. Anyway, ventosa experience was great. Although it will leave a mark on your back, it was fine for me naman. =)

Over all, here's what I have noticed on Mont Albo, Jaka Building Branch:

Good Points:

1. Friendly Masseus. Most of the masseus naman talaga talk less because you're there for relaxation, not for a friendly chat. I appreciate the masseus when she asked me if I want a soft, moderate or hard pressure, I replied moderate lang, she did it moderately. Just like how I wanted it to be. =)

2. I was offered a hot tea and a hot towel after the massage. Although I turned down the offer, I was given a hot towel that I liked anyway. Sobrang lamig na kasi ng hands ko nun.

Needs Improvement :

1. Privacy is usually number one in massage place. You will take your clothes off so basically, you should feel a little more secured na hindi makikita ng taong bayan yung katawan mo diba? This was the first time that I have encountered a spa that doesn't have a room "literally". Para lang syang space na nilagyan ng kurtina like sa hospital na from time to time, pag may bumbangga sa curtain while walking sa hallway, pwede ka ng makita inside while wearing only your undies. I appreciate that they had the kubo style ambiance, mejo hindi lang achieve kasi they should have put at least a pawid na pader man lang that would separate each room from each other.

2. It was dark. I mean, literally dark. Hahah! They turned off the light kasi mejo dumadami na ata yung customers. My friend had trouble getting her things back like wearing her clothes kasi medyo malabo na yung eyesight nya. Going back to the room, kung may room lang then you have the option to turn on and off the lights diba?

3. It wasn't a "Full" body massage. I had my very first massage before which set the standard sa massage preference ko. I experienced kasi dun na kahit yung buto mo sa pwet eh na touch nila. As in it was a full body massage. From head to neck, to my back, even my chest was included, my butt, legs and foot. We did stretching din. Yung binuhat pa ako para lang ma stretch ung certain part ng body ko. Here kasi, back, legs, foot, head and a little sa neck area. Yun lang. So for me, it was kind of bitin.

4. Additional 50pesos for shower. I was like, what?! Heheh. With other spas kasi diba? Shower and Sauna is included in what you pay for so you could clean up before your massage.

5. The ambiance is too cold. I don't know kung ginaw na ginaw lang ako that day pero I felt really cold. While having my massage, I can't feel my hands anymore. Manhid na kasi sa lamig. Mejo exposed kasi yung hands ko, hindi nakumutan. heheh!

All in all, kung hindi naman kayo maselan sa massage and you want affordable but great masseus then you should consider Mont Albo. Their Mont Albo massage (Combination of Swedish and Shiatsu) costs 330pesos. Additional 80pesos for Ventosa.

For me kasi, hinahanap hanap ko yung massage na I had a long time ago. Take note ha?! It has been years pero I can still remember clearly kung paano ako na massage dun. Unfortunately, yung spa na nag set ng standard na yun is no longer operational, I think. I can't find them na kasi in Bluewave Macapagal in Pasay eh. Even their website hindi ko na mahanap. =(

Mont Albo Massage And Spa Academy (MASA)
Training Center and Spa
Ground Floor Jaka Center,
Pasong Tamo corner Buendia, Makati City
(02) 409-2075
Website : http://site.montalbomassage.com

18 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear that you have stiff neck for 2 months. For sure that's so painful, and you have to endure it everyday I guess. I also need a me time. Been consumed with the holiday stress plus blogging related stuff lately. Thanks for this post because it reminds me to have one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kath!
      It was really, really painful. Mejo matigas lang ang ulo ko na hindi ipatingin agad kasi kala ko normal lang eh hehe.

      Delete
  2. mommies should really have their me times..... it will help us become more productive mommies when we have relaxed minds... keep it up mommy jen!

    ReplyDelete
  3. 2 months of stiff neck?! Waaa, that must be so hard! :( pag bad posture talaga tayo kung ano anong muscle pains ang nakukuha e noh?

    I've seen Mount Albo massage cars on the road and I've been curious about it. Good that I read your review about it. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oo nga grabe talaga ken! Huhuhu! Kala ko normal lang yun pala abnormal na. hehehe!
      Thanks for dropping by! :)

      Delete
  4. I also went to a spa in Mandaluyong na wala ring rooms. I forgot what spa that was pero super nakakaconscious nga when someone passes by sa labas.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Korek! Naku yung kasama ko pa naman first timer. Tinanong nya pa ako kung pano ko daw hinubad yung damit ko. Siguro conscious din sya ano?! Heheh

      Delete
  5. I've also tried Nuat Thai and their "rooms" are not as private as well, and super dark nga, as in blackout! But I guess you cannot expect too much din if the price is just below 500 kasi. Maybe try home service next time too if your still experiencing pains, halos same price lang sya, in the comfort of your home pa :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haven't tried a home service pa eh. Ganon din pala sa Nuat thai? Gusto ko din kasi sanang i try yun eh. Sayang naman same lang din pala sila. =(

      Delete
  6. I'm not into spa but like you, I prefer a room for my privacy. Naturn off ko pag curtain lang pagitan.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes Michi, I agree. Sabi ko nga " So ito na yung room?" hehe

      Delete
  7. I haven't tried Mont Albo yet though I saw a branch near us. Thanks to this, I might want to think twice about giving it a try. Hehehe

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehehe. The massage was good naman. Mainly the rooms lang ang hindi ko bet. =)

      Delete
  8. hope you're ok na Jen.Never pa ako nagpa massage at mukhang masarap talaga lalo na sa dami ng ginagawa napaka laking tulong din para ma relaxed.

    Sana din mag improve yung mga kailangan i improved para mas maka engganyo sila ng costumers pa lalo na yung privacy issue, number 1 yan.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oo joy, thank you talaga! Dami ko na ulit chika sayo hindi na din kasi ako madalas makapag blog no?!

      Delete
  9. Waaaaah, gusto ko rin ng spa! May nakita ako sa Cash Cash Pinoy na deal from Nuat Thai (body scrub + body massage for P375) kaso bigla nagback out mga kasama ko. :(

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow! Such beautiful photos. Since we've arrived in Calgary I've appreciated the tips and suggestions that I've found on your blog. Thanks! click this link now

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading my humble blog.
Leave me some love, I'll visit your blogs too.
Much Love,
Mommy Jen