Monday, December 22, 2014

Work.It.Out.Your.Way



When I found out that I am pregnant with my boy, I didn't anticipate the "drastic change" in my life. I feel so blessed and curios everyday as to what is going on inside. I am scared whenever I am told of some old wives tale about pregnancy so I am trying my best to be careful as much as possible. I remembered bringing a clove of garlic on my pocket when we went to Pangasinan's beach. Although it was my boyfriend's hometown, I am scared that there'll be mangkukulam or aswang that would eat my baby. You know, in movies? Hehehe. That's why I bought garlic kasi diba it was panlaban daw sa aswang?! Hahahahaha. It was so funny whenever I remember it but that time, all I am thinking was there should be no harm for my baby kahit magmukang tanga pa ako.
Do you Mom had the same stories? or ako lang talaga ang uto-uto? Hehehe. =)
Anyway, just sharing with you what has changed after giving birth to my lovely baby boy. I think most Moms and Moms-to-be had this change in their lives when our little bundle of joy arrived.

1. Priorities. 


This has changed big time. I remembered being the happy-go-lucky me before I had James. I have all my not-so-hard-earned-money all by myself. Now? All my expenses are for James. That's the main reason too that I wasn't able to buy anything for myself anymore, like clothes that I can use to go to work. All my clothes kasi before no longer fits me eh. Although this doesn’t only applies for money, it also does in spending time with him and getting his things ready before mine. I have to get his things ready first before I get to take a bath. Sometimes, hindi na makapag make up because it seems like he can sense that we are leaving kaya nagpapakarga na agad. There were times na hindi ko na maayos yung kilay ko because he’s starting to cry na and sunod ng sunod sakin. Aalis na lang tuloy kaming may #kilayproblems ako. Hehehe.

2.  Body Shape.
 

Your body shape will change period. This is actually my problem now, I am having a hard time in going back to my old body shape. I wasn’t that sexy naman talaga before pero diba? Knowing that you can wear a tight fitting top, wear swimsuits without worrying too much na baka makita yung stretch marks, or just simply the arms na malalaki pa rin. It gets frustrating sometimes. Dagdagan mo pa ng pressure ng mga taong nasa paligid mo asking why you are still so fat diba? Nakakapagod lang ipaliwanag na “hello” magkaibang tao kaya tayo and our body doesn’t work on the same exact thing. Although it may sound as an excuse, aminin na natin na mejo ang hirap din talagang mag diet at mag work out, it’s not right to compare how great things worked for you and others didn’t. So ayun nga, your body will change not just how big or small it can get on your post pregnancy body, your body will also not the old one that you had where you can make abuso. Mine kasi before, especially when I was on the graveyard shift, hindi ako natutulog on my last day at work approaching my rest day para mas mahaba yung time ko at mas madaming magawa, now, hindi na. Konting kibot, sakit ng katawan na aabutin mo. Anyway, I want you all to remember this, I read it somewhere I just forgot where “Our body did great in bearing our child for 9 months so give it a credit that it would also take time to go back on its own.” Something like that lang po. Hindi ko maalala ang exact words but the message was like that. Oh diba? Pampalubag loob sa mga mejo majubis pa din after a year of giving birth. Hahaha. =)

3. Time. 

It would be one of the things that you hope na madagdagan every single day. It’s as if you have plenty of things to do pero you don’t have enough time to finish them all. You have to go to work, finish the laundry, cook, think about your kids and your husband and all. Ang daming nakapilang gagawin. It’s a matter of time management din, which I would say, wala sa akin. I used to be the “bahala na” type of person. After a year of being a mom, I have realized that everything requires my attention and that I have to make myself available all the time while doing something else – multitasking in short. Ang hirap din but it would all be worth it as soon as you see things done in the way that you expected them to be. Me time would be left aside, you will left behind by your friends whom can go everywhere, every time. It could be somehow nakakainggit but you won’t exchange your bonding time with your new family to anything else. It’s the matter of how you would get things organized which I would have to learn in the coming days.

4. Friends

This is one of the things that doesn’t apply naman to all Moms I think. When I gave birth to James, my mind set has changed. I prefer to talk to those who are Moms too regardless if they’re of the same age of me or not. That’s because I can adopt some things based from their experience. I became interested on their story of giving birth, on how they manage to keep themselves sane with all the things that a Mom has to do every day. I have enjoyed reading Mommy Blog than those of a fashion/lifestyle blogs that I followed during my “feeling fashionista days”. That was when I found out na Mommies can have blogs din pala. I didn’t encounter anything when I was pregnant kasi so I stopped blogging. I went back when I read one of Mommy Fleur’s blog entry (Thanks to her!) Some old friends will stay and will celebrate your new life. Yung walang halong kaplastikan, some won’t. We have to learn to accept the fact that not all “friends” are still there when you’re no longer able to go with them on a Friday night or have a slumber party every now and then. Don’t worry, those doesn’t matter when you have your little baby girl/boy.  

5. Love Life

This refers to your boyfriend and girlfriend or husband and wife stage. When your little one arrived, you would have all your time spent on changing their nappies, breast feeding, especially sleeping because you always feel that you need to take a rest. You wouldn’t notice that you weren’t able to take care of your spouse because you are adjusting to this major change. Communication is the key for a stronger relationship. Talk more and fight less. With that, you will understand each other more. You have to allot a specific time of the day for your husband to make sure that they are also getting the love they need. I know they will understand if you can’t attend to their needs as immediate as it can be because you have undergone a major change in your life, mind and body but it wouldn’t be a reason too not to lend them a hand when they need you. =)

I am not saying that this things applies to everyone as this was my own experience and how my life has changed from single to being a mother. I am sure every Moms had their own way of making through this changes because we are strong! We are strong for our family and kids.

So.. Work.It.Out.Your.Way.Moms

 photo source: Google

17 comments:

  1. Super agree ako dito sa post mo mommy Jen. Ang dami talaga nagbabago kapag maging magulang ka na. Dati kasi iisipin mo lang yung sarili mo bilang dalaga, pero nagbabago kasi meron ka na din baby at husband na iniintindi, inaalagaan at minamahal unconditionally.

    Marami man changes, pero kapag naging nanay ka na, hindi mo ipagpapalit yung happiness at fulfillment na nararamdaman bilang magulang. Challenging pero masaya. =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree Joy, jusko kabilaan gimmick jan, go ka lang ng go pero ngayon, you have to think twice na.

      Delete
  2. There's a lot of changes that you welcome with ope arms if you are a mom. The experience is totally worth it! I can't ask for anything more!

    xoxo
    MrsMartinez

    ReplyDelete
  3. A baby really does bring about major changes in the life we're used. Hope everything goes well for you :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mommy Rowena! He brought so much changes and happiness.. =)

      Delete
  4. Super duper lots of changes and sometimes it can be depressing! Just have to think beyond that and accept what you are. Kudos to those who are able to make the change that they want!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Louisa! I agree that it sometimes makes you feel depressed specially if the changes didn't go well as planned.

      Delete
  5. Agree! Ang dami talagang nagbago sa buhay ko ever since dumating si Rhian sa buhay namin ni Ian. I know hindi ko na magagawa yung dating ginagawa ko but you know what I'm happy with my new job as a MOM. This is my greatest achievement. Thank God, I was able to take care of Ian kahit na may baby na kam, kaya siguro love na love ako nun. Chos! Hehe.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am happy too Rackell!! I know you take care of your both loves very well.. sundan na si Rhian!! hahahah

      Delete
  6. I can relate with this post, my life changed when I had my son. I never thought that I will quit my job but even I have no career right now, I'm happy because I'm with my son always.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's the Joy of motherhood talaga no Mommy Michi? You don't care what you have lost along the way because you know you have your son in each passing days. =)

      Delete
  7. Realte Much, nasabi nyo na mommies lahat :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love being a mom! My first priority now is my daughter, second si hubby... hahaha.. As for body shape, hmmmm.. I used to be a "pear!" shhhhh .... - edel

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's not easy being a mom, but all the sacrifices are really worth it, especially if you see that your kids are growing up to be responsible, smart and God-fearing children.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Agree on this post. Lalo na on body shape! I breastfeed exclusively pero hindi ko ata nakuha ang memo na dapat nakakapayat ang pagbe-breastfeed. :) Kaloka!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Everything will change the moment you get pregnant and it's a constant roller coaster of changes from then on. All we can do is embrace the change and adjust accordingly.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading my humble blog.
Leave me some love, I'll visit your blogs too.
Much Love,
Mommy Jen