Saturday, January 15, 2022

New Year's Eve 2022

 Hey everyone! 

Happy New Year!! Hope you all have a good start to the year 2022! 

Just a quick update on how our January started. Our New Year's Eve went really well. I made sure we'll be wearing the color of the year shirt (which I want to make a yearly thing since 2016, lol!) 

This year's color from Pantone is Very Peri. Ang hirap ng color na ito actually! Haha. We don't have violet clothes, I realized. I don't want to buy shirts that are violet in color or buy a family shirt with prints for New Year kasi they are quite expensive talaga so I thought of doing DIY this time. I watched Youtube videos on how to dye shirt using joboss. The struggle is finding a violet joboss. I ordered through Shoppee but wasn't sure if it will be delivered on the 29th. 

I looked around dito sa area namin, but had trouble finding violet. Mostly red, blue colors lang ang available. I checked din sa National Bookstore pero sold out na daw, huhu! 

I went to Baclaran to buy plain white shirt for the family. Round neck for the boys while I got the V-neck for me and Nanay. This is the first time that I tried dyeing shirt and was quite nervous, hehe! I did Vince's shirt first then Dwyane. 

Vince's shirt went really well though mejo weak ang color. I wanted a little darker ng kaunti sana but it will do, I guess. The next shirt was Dwyane's. This time, super naging weak ang color and some of the parts were not dyed. Since bago yung shirt, it was so hard for the shirt to absorb the liquid. Dapat pala, I made the shirt wet then proceed with dyeing to make sure kapit ang kulay. Too late na so Dwyane's shirt wasn't colored as much as I want. 


I did Nanay's shirt and I loved the result. Naabsorb kasi ng tela yung color easily and it was just the right color din. I went ahead and did Daryl and my shirt since I am confident dyeing from here on. Hehe! 


This is actually the best photo na meron kami. Yearly, it's a struggle to take a nice family photo. Haha! Aside sa masikip ang house, ang hirap din mag pose ng mga batang ito, kainis! 

For our Noche Buena, we had 2 kinds of pasta (Spaghetti and Carbonara), Caldereta, Barbeque, Shanghai, Biko and Maja, Buko Pandan and Fruit Salad. I invited my youngest brother and his family to celebrate NYE at home. The kids fell asleep just before 12 midnight so wala na kaming photos after this. Lol!

The next day, my brother got sick. On the 2nd of January, Daryl went home with a high fever, headache, and body pains. The next day, I felt I'm having bad colds then went sick that same afternoon. I have a fever but easily recover after drinking Paracetamol. No other symptoms aside from colds and a little cough. We had a teleconsultation for Daryl so he can have an RT-PCR request from a doctor. 

The day Daryl and I are feeling a little better, Dwyane started getting feverish and Nanay started having bad colds, too. Later that afternoon, they both fell ill. When they started recovering after two days, Vince got feverish and fell ill that same day. I noticed the kids having really mild symptoms and only having fever. Nanay was complaining of being dizzy and she's coughing. 

We looked for a testing center so Daryl can have RT-PCR. It's a requirement for him to be able to go back to work. We started looking on the 8th and were only able to book an appointment in Red Cross on the 10th of January. Daryl was feeling a lot better at the time of saliva testing. 

At this time, we haven't received the result of the RT-PCR test from the Red Cross even after calling them yesterday to follow up. He wasn't able to come to work since the 3rd so I made him ask his superior since the quarantine requirement as per DOH is only for 10 days from the time you no longer have symptoms, sabi ko pasok na sya sa requirement. His employer allowed him to go back to work tomorrow and will have the PCR test to follow. 

I am really glad that it wasn't something serious. If it's indeed Covid-19, I am thankful no one needs to be hospitalized and it was really just like flu for us. We're not feeling any symptoms now except Nanay who's still coughing. It was crazy, her prescription meds are not available anywhere. I even went to the next city because I was told by Mercury Drug that the meds I'm looking for are not available in every branch in Las Pinas. Crazy!!!!

Anyway, hope everyone is feeling a lot better and your family's doing awesome this 2022!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading my humble blog.
Leave me some love, I'll visit your blogs too.
Much Love,
Mommy Jen