Tuesday, June 9, 2015

Medicine Expirations

One time, I was checking all the clutter that we have at home and found my small transparent bag where I put all my spare medicines before. I noticed I had a lot of pain killers and paracetamols and take note, most of them are from when I had my c-section in 2013. 

I checked the expiration dates of the spare medicines and some of them has their expiration dates printed on the foil which I appreciate the most kasi it makes me keep those that are still okay and those that needs to be thrown out.Kaya lang, there were some na walang nakalagay specially those that are were left out. Yung tipong nabili mo ng tingi? If it's isang banig, it's fine kasi you could see it pero if not then waley.. =( I have no choice but to throw them away. Better be safe than sorry.

This one went to trash!
Anyway, I also had Jami's medicines which has been used before but has been kept in our room which wasn't really exposed to heat so I was thinking if it's still okay to use. He had a tempra syrup that I tossed and bought a new one even there's still quite a few amount left. I was thinking kasi na baka hindi na pwede yung dati. 

I was told naman that as long as it is kept refrigerated then it's fine but as of the moment we didn't have a fridge so I opted to keep it in our bedroom. 

How do you guys keep your medicines? Please let me know..

16 comments:

  1. I keep mine on the fridge nga, those that says dapat sa fridge. Others naman on a cool, dry place. Pero ako, usually I will throw all old meds yearly. expired o hindi na. Mahirap kasi eh.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ako andame kong nasayang na vitamins. Sobrang nakalimutan ko kasi na meron pala ako nun. Nanghinayang ung kapatid ko kasi ngayon nya lang nakita eh last month lang ung expiration month.

    --

    nhengswonderland.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Me honestly if I feel it's too old na or matagal na naka-stock I throw them away regardless of the expiration date. Well mostly, I throw away the ones na walang expiration date hehe!(: Better safe than sorry, right?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yung para sa mga bata, syrup - vitamins or medicines, basta tumagal ng isang buwan, tinatapon ko na.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I always keep my medicine on the fridge :) There are other meds that are good for only two weeks after opening so I always take note of that and throw after. The only ones I hoard are Tempra and Disudrin :))

    ReplyDelete
  6. i also throw the questionable ones away, scary e

    ReplyDelete
  7. Basta expired na tapon na, kahit na madami pa.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Refrigerator or cool dry place, depends on the medicine. And usually may palugit yung expiry ng drugs. But still, I throw mine out pag expired na. Better safe than sorry talaga. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks Guys for all your suggestions! Better safe than sorry talaga ang motto ng mga mothers like us! hahaha! =)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ako din, basta expired diretso na sa trash bin.

    ReplyDelete
  11. As for me, If I don't see the exp. date I throw it too.. kaso napapaisip ako about the ones that are sold in sari sari stores, kasi ginugupit nila yung meds and you can't see if expired na siya or not.. hmmm

    ReplyDelete
  12. For syrups, I make sure na nakalagay sa ref. (Pero unlike tablets, sa syrup eh may nakalagay naman sa bottle) :) So i think we're okay with that.
    And the problem is yung sa tablets na tingi kasi i'm fond of buying tablets na tingi din. hehe!

    ReplyDelete
  13. So far wala pa naman kami naeexpire na stuff for kids but yung pangadults what I do is I put them in the ref din. Sayang e haha thanks for the advice! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Syrups go in the ref, cool dry place for tablets.. Usually 2yrs from manufactured date ang meds, but if no date indicated, throw nalang to be sure

    ReplyDelete
  15. We always need to check our meds at home. Specially our children's vitamins and meds like paracetamols, etc.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading my humble blog.
Leave me some love, I'll visit your blogs too.
Much Love,
Mommy Jen