Saturday, June 20, 2015

New Make Up Tools + Being Nostalgic

I am not a makeup person. Period!

Back in high school, we had a cosmetology subject where manicure, pedicure, nail arts, hair cuts, and make up were being taught. Since I am against using anything to my face, I didn't learn the proper way of applying make-ups, didn't learn nail arts, besides no one wants to model for my haircut service, baka kasi ma murder ko ang hair nila. All along, naiisip ko na pang kikay at pang malalandi lang ang make-ups.

Oh wag nyo akong sabunutan, yan talaga ang naiisip ko noon eh. Whenever I see people with make-ups on, lalo na yung obvious tapos wala naman party or events, maarte na agad ang tingin ko. 

Yuh.. judgemental na ako! 

When I went to college, I learned how to fix my hair, put blusher.. that's it. But it's very very minimal. Yung masabi lang ba na hindi naman ako chaka. 

Anyway, when I had my first job, I am against make ups pa din. I still think that it's not necessary. Simplicity is the best talaga, yan ang lagi kong motto. Hahah! I may not love make-ups but I am a frustrated fashionista. I am too conscious of my clothes, I should not underdress or overdress.

One of the weddings that I attended in 2012

One month pregnant here. =) I didn't know pa.

Time passed by, I had a baby, still doesn't like make - ups and anything about skin care. I hated all of it until one day, 

We were going to a wedding since FMIL will be a Ninang daw. We would all go since Daryl will drive for her. I borrowed a dress from my sister so that saved me from my #ootd dilemma. My hair is too long and frizzy but I know how to braid it so it also saved me from looking like chaka however, I don't have a powder, or a blusher. I only have a lipstick with me that I used as a blusher.

Kawawa to the highest levelz!!

Gosshh.. I came to think, what happen to the kikay, maarte and fashionista me?! Where did she go?

That didn't stop there.. Lagi akong namomroblema sa mga isusuot ko on events like wedding, debuts or any formal event or gathering. I always bother my sister of something that I can borrow. I mean, I always do that back in the days but now, due to my post-partum body, I can't fit on most of her clothes. I can only borrow some. =( I guess I have to invest on clothes now.. As in now na! Sana bukas umulan ng madaming pang - shopping. Hahaha! =)

One night, before we went to sleep..

Me: Babe, magkakaron ako ng extra money by July, iniisip ko kung ibibili ko ba sya ng kama or ipangpapa-rebond ko na lang ng hair ko.

Daryl: Ipangpa rebond mo na lang. Hayaan mo na yang kama, ok pa naman tayo dito eh. Alagaan mo naman ang sarili mo.

Awwww... I am so touched lang. 

Pero naisip ko, baka ang chaka ko na talaga kaya sinabi nyang alagaan ko naman ang sarili ko. Gaaaahhd!!

All along, pinagdadamutan ko ang sarili ko dahil mas importante ang mga gamit sa bahay, grocery, utilities and savings. I forgot to take care of myself. I am still fat, I never got back to my pre-pregnancy body. My hair is sooo long, dry, frizzy, ugly so it's always on a bun. I don't have any make up tools to save me in an emergency party or event. I no longer have a little black dress in my closet. I don't have enough jeans for office wear, my dresses are all old, my tops were very limited. =(

Parang gusto kong maiyak! Hayyy..

Don't get me wrong guys. Hindi kami mayaman so hindi branded ang mga damit ko dati but at least, I can buy one or two clothes every payday. I can buy heels during sale, I use my 13th month pay to have a hair treatment yearly, I am self proclaimed "fashionista" in my very own way. I have never been sexy with flat tummy levelz pero I am not fat, tama lang kung baga. I have time to Mani - Pedi myself etc.

Now, I can't do all that. We have enough things on our plate for me to think about those. I miss it so much. Nakakamiss kaya ang maging maganda, ang makapag suot ng damit na fitted pero hindi masagwa ang bilbil. Yung mag sleeveless ng hindi nakakahiyang i flaunt ang arms mo kasi hindi naman kalakihan. Yung makakapag suot ka pa ng bra sa beach while wearing a sexy shorts, kering keri i flaunt ang tummy kasi makinis at walang stretchmarks.

One of the wedding I attended last month

Yah.. Motherhood changed it all. Hindi naman ako nagsisisi. I love my life now, I am happier, patient, loving, and selfless. I love Jami and Daryl everyday.. Motto nga namin eh, We.always.go.together.

Pero hindi about jan talaga ang iba blog ko eh, sorry na carried away lang.. Hahaha! 

What I want to show you is, because of those scenario.. I am trying to be better. I want to be as beautiful as I am before. I want to be able to wear nice fitting clothes without thinking about my bulging tummy. I used to be a suki of selfie but because I feel so ugly, I don't want to take picture of myself anymore. 

Gone are the days.. in the past weeks,

I learned how to shape my eyebrows. 
I learned to maintain it and use brow pencil to modify it more. 
I learned to use BB Cream and Face Powder.
I learned that Daryl likes my eyelashes curled up so I bought a mascara to make it fuller.
I relearned that my face will look slimmer if I flaunt my hair.
I relearned to gain the confidence I lost when I gave birth.

Although, I can't get back on shape overnight, I want to start doing something about it. People in the office says I'm getting payat daw pero ang hindi nila alam, that's because of my new hair haha! 

So for the record, I am filling up my make up kits slowly. I have everything that I need on a daily basis and that's enough to save me on any urgent parties or events/gatherings so I won't look like sobrang haggard naman.


I originally posted this photo on my post about what's in my bag last week. 

I started with avon cosmetics since they are not that expensive and I don't want to risk naman trying out something I got in the market tapos end up na di ko bet so mostly yan, suggestion ng mga officemate ko which I think compliments my skin color naman. 

I still have some missing that I got recently after that post was made. Here they are:

Avon Brush set for only P99 (on sale)

Nichido Blushing Pink Shade for P88
I loved the brush set, sobrang lambot. Before I got the blusher on my birthday, I borrowed one from my officemate (blusher and brush) and her's is breaking like powder because her brush is kind of matigas. When I bought the same blusher, I noticed that mine doesn't break so I told her na baka masyadong matigas yung brush nya. I liked the blusher. That's actually my officemate's shade din. It's pink so hindi mukang sinampal ang fez ko. =)

For the mean time, kuntento na ako sa make up kit ko. What I am planning to do is to invest on moisturizer naman since they can make your skin younger.. tama ba? 

Kayo? Any recommendations on what's the best moisturizer?

40 comments:

  1. Ang sexy! I like how you dress up, stylish at age-appropriate. HIndi rin ako make-up person, juicecolored. Nakakatamad, parang nakakaubos oras. Haha. Powder and lipstick lang, okay na ako. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Waaa.. Thanks Edel, baka mag agree ako sa stylish pero sa sexy?? hahaha.. Ngayon ko lang nagustuhan ang make up.. maybe because feel na feel ko ang hair ko GGSS ako hahaha!

      Delete
  2. Hi Jen! Good that you're getting back to the fashionista you! ;) Anyway, I think you'll like the celeteque facial moisturizer with spf 15, I use it too and it's non-comodogenic, hypo-allergenic and fragrance-free. Though pag ginagamit ko sya parang may pabango sya kasi ang bango or maybe ganun lang talaga amoy kapag may spf, not sure hehehe! Also,another one from celeteque, the hydration facial moisturzier with triple moisturizing system, it's also non-comodogenic, hypo allergenic and fragance-free plus it's water based and oil-free, I like it more kasi wala talaga syang fragrance yun nga lang walang spf. Eto pa lang nagagamit ko na mga facial moisturizers since hindi naman ako umaalis kaya hindi rin ako madalas mag ganto, hehehe! Hope this helps though! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your recommendations Coi!! May I know kung magkano sila at ng maipagtabi ko na? haha!

      Delete
  3. I had the same dilemma as yours, because after I gave birth, I felt like napabayaan ko na ang sarili ko and most of all ang figure ko. (luckily, my husband still sees me as hot kahit papano, buti na lang nabubulagan pa siya sakin...hahaha!) But seriously, I just realized lately na hindi porket Mommy na ako eh kelangan maneglect ko na ang sarili ko. So, I guess it isn't bad at all if mag-ayos pa rin tayo, to treat and pamper ourselves once in a while. Hindi naman kinakailangang mamahalin ang mga make-ups or branded ang mga damit.. for me nasa nagdadala yan. :) If you're beautiful on the inside, it will radiate on the outside, that's what's most important. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tama! I love hearing my partner say what he likes about me para ma maintain ko din! hahaha. Well, true sis!

      Delete
  4. I used to be a make up girl but I kinda toned down now that I'm a mum. I used to own lots of lipstick on every color but now I let go most of them and just kept 3 that I really love. I toned down naman. But yeah, I miss dressing up too and taking care of myself. Ang hirap eh.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I super toned down sis. Ang hirap talaga mag ayos at mag dress up kapag may kasamang toddler eh.

      Delete
  5. ako ung mga basics lang usually na make ups kasi nag eexpire kapag hindi mu nagagamit madalas. I am more on lipscticks now kasi nakakatamad araw araw nakamake up

    --

    nhengswonderland.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ok din ang basics pero I have learned to love yung BB cream na. Parang nakaka ayos kasi ng kulay ng face. hehehe! =0

      Delete
  6. I'm sure you can bounce back to the more beautiful and more confident you! I also suggest going for Color Collection lipsticks ng Tupperware, it's not that pricey.. :) And you can also get from bon marche for drugstore brands at a lower price. :) Buti ka nga narealize mo pa na alagaan ang sarili mo, my mom on the other hand had never bounced back from the "mom rot"... Ako ganyan din ugali ko dati minus the fashionista peg as I am more of a boyish person to be honest... Narealize ko lang na kailangan ko alagaan ang sarili ko when I became a mom and wanted to get my body back. :) Good luck sis, I know you can bounce back to the old you :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks sis! Wala naman problema sa pag aayos at pagdadamit. Yung pagpayat ang pinaka mahirap talaga eh hahaha!

      Delete
  7. Make up takes a lot of work and I can totally relate to how motherhood changes the way you look. I wish I could be my old sexy self! hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm not a make up person too! Ang make up na meron lang ako, eyeliner, eyeshadow and blush. Ang tagal na nilang di nagagamit. haha. Plus I don't go out very often, when I do, I just use powder.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I started loving make ups lately lang to boost the new hair do hehe

      Delete
  9. good luck with you! :) this my advocacy too, i belive when your happy and confident in yourself it tranlsates to other people and makes for happy and secure relationships :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. best moisturizer, Pond's works for me. there's also moisturizer from Garnier that works wonders. More than the make up, inner beauty is what will make you stand out. Agreeing with you there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't tried ponds pa. Yung mga cleanser lang and I stopped it kasi parang nag kaka tigyawat ako. =(

      Delete
  11. best moisturizer, Pond's works for me. there's also moisturizer from Garnier that works wonders. More than the make up, inner beauty is what will make you stand out. Agreeing with you there.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I can so relate! My hubby keeps asking me to go on a diet kasi he misses me pre-pregnancy. I didn't dress up well or put on much make up either but he just wants the old me who kahit papano exercised and didn't like being fat. Cheers to a goal of bringing back the old us! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tama! Kung pwede lang na pumayat overnight. Hayy.. =)

      Delete
  13. I think women should learn how to do their own makeup, practice is all it takes. It will save you a lot of money :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I agree. I do my make up na nowadays. =)

      Delete
  14. Good for you! But after everything, what's more important is really what we nurture inside. It's not the external appearance that makes us pretty and loved, but it is the nurturing of our inner self.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree.. True beauty comes from our inner self

      Delete
  15. I am so glad that you are starting to love makeup. Go for it, girl! Galing! Clap! Clap!

    xoxo
    MrsMartinez

    ReplyDelete
  16. I am not so much into make up, just like you. My husband likes me with just BB cream, a little blush, and lipstick. I dunno why.. He said he just like me plain and simple. So I never really learned how to put on make up. But I really wish to join a makeup tutorial/seminar just so I can learn the basics. The only thing is, putting on make up really takes time which is a little difficult especially when you have a toddler that constantly needs adult supervision.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yan din kalaban ko, nakakatamad sometimes lalo na kapag kasama mo yung kids. Naku po!

      Delete
  17. I use make up during work days though mine consist of natural shades of poweder, eyeshadow, mascara, eyeliner and my ever reliable lip balm. Not a big fan of lipstick (go figure). I am not an expert using it but I guess I get by. And on days that I am rushing, I stick with mascara and eyeliner and my lipbalm. :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. I use make up during work days though mine consist of natural shades of poweder, eyeshadow, mascara, eyeliner and my ever reliable lip balm. Not a big fan of lipstick (go figure). I am not an expert using it but I guess I get by. And on days that I am rushing, I stick with mascara and eyeliner and my lipbalm. :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. I use make up during work days though mine consist of natural shades of poweder, eyeshadow, mascara, eyeliner and my ever reliable lip balm. Not a big fan of lipstick (go figure). I am not an expert using it but I guess I get by. And on days that I am rushing, I stick with mascara and eyeliner and my lipbalm. :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. I don't wear makeup too. I just wash my face with water and that's it. Though I'm starting to learn how to take care of my skin now since I'm getting older. Hehe

    ReplyDelete
  21. Makeup can sometimes act as a confidence booster. Ako I don't go out without groomed brows hehe.

    ReplyDelete
  22. That's the attitude, sis! Moms like us should also be conscious of our looks and must find ways (affordable, that is) to enhance our physical assets and hide the flaws. It pays to be beautiful and feel beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  23. I think you look really pretty! Ako, ngayon pa lang din nag-start gustuhin nag make-up. Hay, late bloomer kung late bloomer.

    ReplyDelete
  24. I hope I can learn to put on make up on me soon!

    ReplyDelete
  25. I have a love-and-hate relationship with make-ups .. hahaha .. I mean, I do have my stash of powders and other whatnots but most of the time, I just feel too lazy to use them. Also, I had an allergic reaction with a certain brand years ago and had rashes for almost a year :(

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading my humble blog.
Leave me some love, I'll visit your blogs too.
Much Love,
Mommy Jen