Friday, July 11, 2014

I'm Starting to Love..


..Cooking!! Heheh. You know guys, before I had James, I never thought of spending time in the kitchen - cooking stuff. I can only cook hotdogs, noodles, canned corned beef and any friend stuff except fried fish. I am really scared sa mga tumatalsik na mantika while cooking. I am also not fond of cooking stew meals. I rely on Nanay, sisters and brothers or if all else fails, I'll just buy cooked stuff. When I was a kid and Mom used to cook, I never bothered myself checking out or even watching what she's up to. I'll just wait until it is served. Haha.

Two Sundays ago, I decided to cook. It was actually not planned at all. They just told me to cook it because they are already preparing spaghetti for no reason. I was the one who prepared the veggies though. It was actually "Ginisang Sayote". I really don't know how to cook it but I trusted my instict na lang. 

I am not a good cook but I want to share this recipe (not sure if I can call it recipe anyway. Haha) for documentation purposes. So here it is!!

Ingredients:

1 Onion, minced
3- 4 Garlic Cloves, minced
3 Sayote (cut into strips)
½ kilo Ground Pork
1 Tomato, slized thinly
1 Seasoning (optional) (I used AjiGinisa)
Salt and Pepper to taste
Cooking Oil

To cook:
1.      On a casserole, sautee garlic, onion and tomato until garlic turned slightly brown and onion and tomato is cooked. Add the ground pork and let it cook until it turned slightly brown too.
2.      You may add the sayote/chayote. After 3 minutes, add water for about 2 – 3 cups depending on your desired amount of stew. You may add Seasoning or just Salt and Pepper to taste. Simmer for 5-8 minutes or until the sayote/chayote is cooked.
3.      Serve with a smile =)
Optional: It is best served with a deep fried fish (any kind).

And the verdict? Actually, I don’t know. Kinain naman nila so I think it’s edible naman. Hahaha! Daryl and I ate it too. I mashed at least 3 – 5 pieces of sayote/chayote for James to taste it… kinain naman nya. =) One time lang yun promise! Hehe. 

And because of that, last weekend, I cooked another recipe. It was epic fail though. We didn’t enjoy it all. I cooked Pork Giniling with Tomato Sauce. I guess I put too much of tomato sauce kaya hindi naging masarap. I was told my reliable friend, Sokey to put a little amount of it like the small pouch lang dapat.
At ang comment nila?

Daryl: Be dapat nilagyan mo na din ng cheese para naging spaghetti na. 

Ate Grace: Ayokong tikman yan wala ako sa mood. 

Hahahah! Grabe sila sa akin!
Okeeeeyyy! Better luck next time. Not bad naman for the first timer eh kasi edible pa rin naman ang naluto ko. Hahahaha #defensive
Even my last recipe turned out as a failure, It didn’t stop me on cooking more recipe moving forward. Yay! So if I may, I’ll be glad to post more recipe and cooking escapades in the future.

P.S Pasensya na kung obvious na first timer yung paggawa ko ng ingredients and cooking steps ha? I’ll improve next time promise. =)

6 comments:

  1. The only time I took cooking seriously was when I got married and it becomes one of my hobbies.Keep trying you're doing a great job for your family!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Parang pareho ata tayo kasi I am just starting to appreciate cooking after I had a baby. Hehe =)

      Delete
  2. Galing naman ni mommy Jen! Sa simula lang palpak talaga. Nagpayo ako na di naman marunong magluto anoh?hehe! Gisa gisa sa simula, sa susunod mga mahihirap na lutuin ang kaya mo nyang lutuin, jen! =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha. Oo Joy pa gisa gisa na lang muna kasi yun pa lang yung madali eh. Kahit naman puro epic fail pa sa ngayon, ok lang kasi I am learning from it diba? Tatyagain ko nga lang talaga kainin mag isa kasi walang ibang gustong kumain. Hahahahha. =)

      Delete
  3. Wow, congrats Jen! Basta gusto talaga, matututo at matututo ka. I love to cook and I'm not afraid to commit mistakes in the kitchen. Sige lang ng sige. Hehe. Cook more often na! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Edelweiza! I am planning to cook more often na nga regardless kung may kakain o wala. Hehe =)

      Delete

Thanks for reading my humble blog.
Leave me some love, I'll visit your blogs too.
Much Love,
Mommy Jen