Tuesday, April 7, 2015

Emergency Room Visit

Two - three weeks ago, James was sent to San Juan De Dios Hospital in Pasay.. It was really annoying!! =(

Here's the story:

James and Daryl went to Pasay to spend their day while I was at work. I didn't worry much because I know that the two would be fine.

Couple of minutes before I went home, I received a text message from Daryl,

Daryl : Be, nasugat si Jami sa lata.
Me: ha? bakit pa kasi binigyan ng lata?!

The convo was something like that. I thougt it was just a simple scratch from tin can. When we ate kasi in Gerry's Grill at Mall of Asia one time, pinaglaruan nya yung tin can ng Sprite, sinuot ang kamay sa butas then got scratch. I panicked a little pero since mababaw lang ang sugat, as in sa balat lang, hindi naman naging big deal.

When they picked me up that night, Jami was sitting on his Lola's lap. When I checked his finger, I thought mababaw lang ang sugat until Daryl's Mom said na dalhin daw namin sa emergency room so we can make sure na hindi sya ma tetano. I found it a little exagge pero when we got in the hospital and saw the wound, Ay grabe! Gusto kong mag super saiyan sa inis ko. Yung pinaka puno ng forefinger nya at the back has a scratch pero when you looked on the part while the palm is facing you, it seemed na mejo malalim yung sugat. The blood from the wound got dried up so hindi ko na makita kung gaano kalaki ang mismong sugat. We were interviewed by the nurse and I don't know what to say for a second kasi I wasn't in the moment. I relied mostly on what they have told me sa kung anong nangyari.

They said that James had his finger inserted on the tin can's holes (designs nung tin can). Since mataba yung fingers ni James, they can't remove the tin can na. That resulted them putting oils and anything na pwedeng magpadulas sa tin can pero it was unsuccessful. Their last resort was to cut the tin can so they can remove James' finger. They even said na nilagyan daw ng alcohol yung sugat which for me, was really painful. I can't imagine how painful it is for James, I know he's crying so much at that moment. Open wound + Alcohol diba? Edi wow. They said hindi naman daw umiyak which somehow I don't believe kasi I know it is really really painful..I can also see from his finger na hindi pantay - pantay yung sugat meaning they have tried their best na hugutin yung finger nya from the tin can. You know naman the kids have a very manipis na balat, I can't imagine kung gaano karaming blood ang lumabas. =(

While in the car pala, Future MIL said na nag panick sya ng bongga when she received a call from her niece about what's going on so she suggested to call his brother na lang to help the niece remove the tin can. Then I thought, Asan si Daryl during the time? Bakit hindi ako ang tinawagan?..

Daryl: Naglaro kasi ako ng basketball..
Me: Saan ka naglaro? bakit hindi ka ba tinawag na lang nung nangyayari yun?
Daryl: Sa FTI pa kasi ako nagbasket ball eh.

Bingo number 1.

I got pissed knowing na sya ang pinagbabantay ko ng anak nya pero iniwan nya sa pinsan nya while he's playing basketball.

James pooped pa while waiting to be checked by the doctor so I asked, asan ang diaper nito?

Daryl: Wala na eh, hindi ko nadalhan.

Bingo number 2.

The doctor asked what are James last vaccines pero for goodness sake, hindi ko maalala ang last na vaccine nya. I was asked kung may DPT na daw, I said I don't know. So they have to give him anti-tetano shot, twice.. which was fine for me. James cried his heart out nung binakunahan sya. I have to hold him myself kasi masyadong maawain ang Daddy nya. It doesn't mean naman na I don't pity him kapag tinutusukan ng needle pero mas nakakaawa yung na tetano sya at hindi naagapan ng vaccine dahil sa naawa ako at ayaw ko syang umiyak sa bakuna, diba? They cleaned off his wound na lang then the vaccine.




When we were heading home, I asked him if he remembered his assignment about James' milk.

Daryl: Yun nga eh, nakalimutan ko.

Bingo number 3.

Then when I asked kung nasaan ang savings namin (yung 52weeks money challenge) ..

Daryl : Nasa akin, nagastos ko yung 200 kasi pinamasahe ko eh.

Bingo number 4.

Boom!! Ayun na, and I was so mad na talaga sa kanya hindi ko na kinaya. I told him na ang savings namin is for emergency purposes lang at hindi pamasahe papunta sa basketball game nya na nag cause para maiwan ang anak nya sa pangangalaga ng iba at lalong lalong nag cause ng pagkakasugat ng anak nya,. Hayyy..

I was really mad kasi I felt na hindi nya sinunod ang mga pinagbilin ko. Anyhow, pinagsabihan ko sya that night then we were ok na the next day. I know he knows naman na somehow, he has a fault. I am trying my best not to blame him about the situation because I know that it's bad pero kapag sabay - sabay kasi yung bingo eh aba, nakakabaliw din ng slight.

On the lighter note, we didn't spend a single penny with what happen, thanks to our HMO. At the same time, FMIL will help us with his vaccine cost moving forward daw. =)

1 comment:

  1. Good thing baby James is okay na. Nakakaawa ang mga bata pag may dinaramdam. Tama yung ginawa nyo sa dalhin sa ER, buti na lang din walang gastos dahil may HMO. Panatag ang parents. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading my humble blog.
Leave me some love, I'll visit your blogs too.
Much Love,
Mommy Jen