Tuesday, June 10, 2014

James' Prescription

Last weekend, I mentioned that James visited his pedia to have his cough checked. I was so worried about it kasi he had Pneumonia na when he was just 2 months old as I posted here. The pedia who looked after him was Dra Alarcio because Dra Medina was out. I was quite fine with that kasi she was a friendly doctor din talaga.
She was so happy to see James and I was glad to know that James was doing ok except that we were asked if we had a history of asthma.
Honestly, I don’t know. When I was young I never had the trouble breathing like those whom I can see that has asthma. None of my siblings nor my parents have it so we assumed that indeed we don’t carry it in our genes. Though last year, my eldest brother, James’ Tito Ronnel was told of that he might have an asthma daw.
Later on, we started talking about it that our clan might have asthma, that it might have skipped generations which resulted in our parents and my siblings not having one yet it has been passed on the next generation which was nephews and nieces, and sadly, James.
The pedia mentioned that he had a whizzing sound on his right lung which might be just his phlegm causing the sound or it could be a starting asthma. I was aked to had him nebulize for 5 days to a week then had some antibiotics.

These are the things that I bought for him. 
  
Erythromycin – since it is antibiotic, I was advised to have him take it after feeding. I just have to make sure that he burped first. This was for 212 pesos.

Source
Ventar (Nebulizing Solution) – His Pedia said that it’s a lot cheaper daw compared sa ibang brand. When the doctor was explaining this, I can’t barely hear her kasi she’s soft spoken tapos James is a bit irritant kasi he was hungry. When I bought this and got home, I checked the bottle and got confused. It really looked like the normal oral drops. It even has a medicine dropper included so mejo na Confucius naman ang lola niyo. I even asked James’ Tita Grace but she doesn’t know either kasi she usually buy those Ventolin na ting 35 pesos a piece. The last resort I got was to read the label. Awa ng Dyos, naintindihan ko naman ang mga term and for inhalation nga daw itey. HEhehe. This cost around 113 pesos which is cheaper than that of those of Ventolin.

Source
 Citirizine – I was told that James’ cough has caused by an allergy too so I he was given this too. It costs 157 pesos.

Source

I also inquired if I still can give him his daily vitamins. His pedia said na Vitamin C na lang daw muna kasi it will be too many medicine na ang iinom nya in case. I sticked to Ceelin for him.

I was so happy to know though that my baby was still healthy. He was weighing 9.5kgs which was usually for 11 month old baby. His pedia even said na mukha ng one year old ang baby ko. He was big compared to his age so I feel fab in taking care of him. I mean, credits to Nanay who’s looking after him when I am not around. Tingin ko kasi pumayat sya kaya mejo na sad ako pero when I have found out na he was a little over his normal weight , eh Happy Mommy na ako. =)

How about you Mommies? What do you do if your kids have coughs? 
Share naman jan! =)

4 comments:

  1. ang hirap pag may sakit ang baby diba? yung kay baby A dati sipon nun pala may allergey sya kaya binigyan sya ng gamot for that. Mahirap pag ubo kasi masakit sa lalamunan yun tsaka di sila komportable sa pagtulog.

    Make sure nalang punasan mo kagad likod nya kapag basa mommy jen.At palaging may lampin. Don't put nalang powder if you think he has asthma.

    Pagaling ka baby james. =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oo nga Joy sobrang nakakaawa kapag may sakit eh lalo na kapag umuubo sya. =(
      Mejo mukhang ok na sya ulit ngayon. Hindi na ubo ng ubo. Thankful na lang ako na tapos na summer di na sya madalas pawisan sa likod. Hehe.
      Thanks Joy! I'm glad you're blogging again. Tagal kong di nakabasa ng posts mo. =)

      Delete
  2. nabasa ko ulit yung comment ko sa yo natawa ako yung allergy my "e" hahaha! toinks!!! ganun daw pag malabo na ang mata!
    Pag pasensyahan mo na kung minsan wrong spelling ako hawak ko kasi palagi si baby kapag sumusulat. Nami miss ko nga din kayo kapag di ako nakakapag sulat e, parang friends lang na nasa malayong lugar.

    mabuti baby james is getting better na. Ngayong tag ulan, lamig naman Ang kalaban. What i do naman, sinusuotan ko ng pajama si baby A sa gabi at socks kapag sobrang lamig tapos shorts lang sa umaga,

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha. Hindi ko din naman napansin Joy eh. Kaya ok lang. Awa ng Dyos maayos pa ang mata ko mejo bingi nga lang ako hehehe. =)
      Yun nga din napansin ko sa gabi, ang lamig ng legs ni James kasi malamig na sa gabi kahit walang aircon eh. So far kinukumutan ko sya kasi pag dumadating ako tulog na sya. madalas naka brief kasi yun or shorts. Hehe. Pero kahit kinukumutan ko sya, sinisipa nya. Ayaw nya mag kumot. Hmmp! Hehehe. =)

      Delete

Thanks for reading my humble blog.
Leave me some love, I'll visit your blogs too.
Much Love,
Mommy Jen