Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Product Review: Lay Bare Waxing Salon

“When you see hair, It’s time for Laybare.”
My sister introduced me to them years ago. She has been having her  underarm and legs waxed. I can see her legs really get smooth and flawless everytime nagpapawax sya so I have to try it out too. Ako pa naman ang isang napaka swerteng nilalang na malago ang buhok sa lahat ng parte ng katawan. 
Ooops! Too much information.
Hahahaha.
I made an entry here about my plan of having my underarm and legs waxed before Holy Week. It’s more often that I have my underarm rather than my legs being waxed. The last time I had it was back in 2012 pa. When I got pregnant and I noticed that they have gone so chaka na, I asked my OB in SM Southmall if I can have it waxed, di nya ako pinayagan so ang tagal kong nagtiis ha? Last weekend was that time again that I felt my legs smooth and flawless less the peklats and all. Hehehe.
When I say flawless, yun yung parang sobrang kinis ng legs mo kapag hinawakan. Unlike kapag my hairs, parang may baku-bako. Hahah, I mean hindi makinis. Ako pa naman, ang dami kong peklats sa binti kasi back in elementary days, wala akong pakealam kung masugatan basta I can play. Ayan, nagsisi tuloy ako ngayon. I hope I can have something to remove them or just to lighten it na hindi masyadong expensive.
So ayun nga, going back sa pagwa – wax, I had my name registered so that they can accommodate me accordingly. True enough naman, they send me a text message when the room is ready and I am next in line. It was Ate Liezel who did my service. She was the same person ata na  nag wax ng underarm ko 2 months after I gave birth. I remembered our conversation:

Ate Liezel: Ma’am hindi po wax ang last nito ano?” (referring to my underarm)
Me: Ay oo ate, pina pluck ko lang sya kasi sabi ng OB wag daw ako magpa wax nung pregnant ako.
Ate Liezel: Sabi ko na nga ba eh!

Siguro worst talaga ang kili-kili ko ano? Hahahaha!

From their website:

Waxing is definitely a better hair removal alternative compared to shaving or plucking. One procedure would leave you hair – free for two to six weeks depending on your hair growth.

At Lay Bare, we use cold sugar wax jelly made of sugar, kalamansi and honey only. These natural ingredients have whitening, exfoliating, and moisturizing properties. Since there is no heating involved, you never have to risk getting burned or be concerned that the wax would stick to your skin. Sugar wax is water – soluble so it is easy to clean up with just water. With continued waxing you may expect your skin to be lighter and smoother, while hair re-growth finer and sparser.

I remembered before, sa sobrang kuripot ko, I bought a hard honey wax in Watsons to have waxing on my own. Kasi it will be cheaper dahil madami yung wax pero the hassle was bongga. You have to heat the wax then let it cool until the heat is bearable. As soon as you put it, say in your underarm, you have to make sure na it won't get too cold or else, mahihirapan kang alisin sya sa kili - kili mo dahil titigas sya ng sobra. When it gets to that point, ang hirap na nyang tanggalin dahil matigas na yung wax. Sometimes, it's hard to take the wax off your underarm kasi nga dumikit na sobra then minsan yung hair napuputol na lang. =( 
Believe me, I've been there. 


 I took a photo of the room. It is really small lang talaga. I have not seen a laybare salon na malaki anyway. I have been to their salons in Alabang Town Center, SM Center Las Pinas and Waltermart Makati. Lahat sila ang small ng spaces. Maybe hindi naman kasi required na malaki kasi hindi ka naman ta tumbling sa loob diba?


I was instructed to take off my shirt then have the towel na lang to cover me up. Then waited for about 3 minutes before Ate Liezel came. Mabilis na nga yun kasi last time mga more than 5 minutes na ko nakahiga sa bed. Kala ko nga nakalimutan na nila ako. Baka may ginawa lang si Ate na importante no?! 

Anyway, Ate Liezel had my underarm waxed first. She put a talc/powder ata on the area na iwa-wax then gorabels na sya.



 It wasn’t painful promise. Maybe dahil sanay na akong magpa wax sa underarm. Mejo ninerbyos nga lang ako when it comes to my legs na, kasi I forgot the level of pain eh so hindi ako prepared. Ayun, naalala ko na after. Hindi naman din sya masakit. Tolerable talaga.

Around 20 – 30 minutes ang tinagal ng procedure ko. And the result?

Please excuse the Patay na kuko over there! Hehe =) Ang lakas makapeke ng lights no? Kala mo bongga ng skin ko parang nag pa Belo. Heheheh =)

Tada!! I didn’t take picture nung before ha? Ang chaka kasi baka sabihin nyo legs ng lalake. Hahaha.

I also asked Ate Liezel about their package. I am interested with Brazilian kasi. I am convincing my sister and friends na i-try namin. Ang ganda kasi ng skin after na wax so I want to figure out kung ganon din sya down under.

Me: Ate yung Brazilian nyo masakit ba?
Ate: Pwede naman po kayo uminom ng Advil 30 minutes before para hindi po masyadong masakit.
(So masakit nga talaga!!)
Me: Ah ok, eh pano kapag mejo mahaba yung hair?
Ate: Ay ika cut naman po muna namin.

Hahahahah! Natawa ako bigla. I feel ashamed naman. When I gave birth, kiber ko kung makita ng doctor or nurses yan. For sure naman, hindi nila first time makakita nun. Malamang eh milyong ganun na ang na sight nila diba? Haha. Pero sa waxing salon mejo kulang pa ako sa confidence. Hehehe! Maybe next time na lang. =)

source
The second package is what I want sana. See? Hindi nakakawasak ng wallet.

Place: 8 out of 10
Service: 9 out of 10
Price: 10 out of 10

I highly recommend Lay Bare to you Mommies out there. You can always singit it to your budget na hindi ka masyadong magu guilty. Gora na kayo. They have affordable service promise! I spent Php500 for Half Leg (from Knee to toes) and Underarm wax.

Check them at:
LayBare Waxing Salon
Lower Ground Floor
SM Southmall Las Pinas (infront of Casa Medica Clinic)
Or Contact : 0917 – Lay-Bare
Web: http://www.lay-bare.com/



2 comments:

  1. Lay Bare din ako for underarm wax. OK yung service at very professional yung staff nila. Ok sana yung dating pinupuntahan ko mas mura, kaso napansin ko madali humaba yung hair ko. Haha. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for visiting my blog Mommy Edelweiza. Have you tried their package ba? =)

      Delete

Thanks for reading my humble blog.
Leave me some love, I'll visit your blogs too.
Much Love,
Mommy Jen